Home

If The Blocking & Footwork Don't Look Like This.....

This is a discussion on If The Blocking & Footwork Don't Look Like This..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: If The Blocking & Footwork Don't Look Like This.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
I gladly accept your meaningless award, the academy can kiss my...

Really? Do you feel better now? I did not know the "sentence structure police" played video games. U get that out ur system, yet, or wood u bewantin anuvver heppin?
Hey Boregard, don't take his post personally...you should realize by now that those types of posts, as well as the "then just go play 2k5 if it's so great, just leave "our" forum alone" are the types of posts you'll get when there is no reasonable/logical response. They cannot argue the point you made, so they throw one of these lame posts your way.
Sometimes, I seriously wonder what the real average age is of some of these guys. I can't believe most grown men would be SO blindly loyal to any company or game.
Hell, I USED to be a real Madden fan....until their game became unplayable trash. I refuse to stand behind ANY company or game that isn't up to my own personal standards of what I believe I am paying for, period.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #74
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
How did this become a nfl 2k5 versus madden thing?The OP made a good point,if a game can have good procedual awareness blocking 5-6 years ago,no matter what the name or creator of the game,its no excuse for it not to be done right in Madden 11!

I just dont understand why EA would obtain the exclusive NFL rights and not take advantage of the opportunity to bring in a whole new market of fans.Im talking about them bringing in the fans of NFL Gameday,NFL Fever,Quaterback Club,NFL 2k,Super Tecmo Bowl etc,by taking a look back at what these games did right or made really fun individually and incorporating those things into Madden. No football game has ever been perfect but every game has had a few things that people enjoyed.

It just seems to me EA is letting their pride get in the way of increasing their loyal fan base.EA needs to take advantage of gamers desires to have aspects of their favorite games implemented into Madden and JUST DO IT!
That's all I was saying, you just said it better..... I salute you.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:17 PM   #75
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
People based their decisions on footwork...I get it..but I don't really get it
And feel the need to let us know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 12:08 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Hey Boregard, don't take his post personally...you should realize by now that those types of posts, as well as the "then just go play 2k5 if it's so great, just leave "our" forum alone" are the types of posts you'll get when there is no reasonable/logical response. They cannot argue the point you made, so they throw one of these lame posts your way.
I was just a little put off that someone would waste everyone's time with a post that was "commentary" on my choice to gloss over the rules of English in here. I think of the forums as though I were standing around my backyard shootin the bull with my pals. So, no worries. I just could not resist the chance to be a smart @$$ in reply.

Now, about the "if you want to play 2K go play 2K stuff". It makes no sense to tell someone to leave here, just because you disagree with their points. I thought the OP was using 2K as an example in a fairly constructive way. I did not get the idea that he wants Madden to become a direct "clone" of that game. I felt like he was saying that there are points within that series where EA could look at those games and make improvements. I think there is a tendency for most of us to get a little too "fired up" because we all share a similar "fault" if you will excuse me. That "fault" being passion or, in cases like mine, a bit of an obsession about what we want to see in the game. If you have a counter argument or better suggestion then by all means unleash it. Just save the intensity for lively discussion and quit living in the mind set of entitlement.

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" - I think it serves EA well to be able to come around here and read what people think their "enemy" or competition did better than they do it.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:26 AM   #77
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17
Clapping hands
Old 05-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Sometimes, I seriously wonder what the real average age is of some of these guys. I can't believe most grown men would be SO blindly loyal to any company or game.
I never said his post was bad, nor did I say I disagreed with anything. His post was good, actually. I just chose not to reply with "+1" or "good post!" I guess jokes and sarcasm don't transfer well via text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
I was just a little put off that someone would waste everyone's time with a post that was "commentary" on my choice to gloss over the rules of English in here. I think of the forums as though I were standing around my backyard shootin the bull with my pals. So, no worries. I just could not resist the chance to be a smart @$$ in reply.
I doubt it "wasted" anybody's time. And if it did, it was about 5 seconds. And also (for both of you), I'm not a fanboy of either series. Each series of games brings a lot to the table. Unfortunately for everyone, the most important one still lies in 2004... And that would be the gameplay portion.

If you go to my arena, and look at my friends and into some of my previous posts; you'll see that I actually am not quite the douche you believe I am and that I'm friends with some of the more respected posters on here. I used to be on this site a while back.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:30 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYGx
I guess jokes and sarcasm don't transfer well via text.

...you'll see that I actually am not quite the douche you believe I am...
Hey, I ain't mad at ya! Agreed - hard to catch joking nature in text format. I was really tired and just gave a smart remark reply because I was exiting stage right, saw the thread had a new reply and "felt obligated" to see if I needed to clarify something in my post.

I did not really get where the "fanboy" reference came from and I am of the opinion that 2K fans are welcome here if they are pointing out areas where Madden can improve and do so with some level of respect for the community here.

I am not a fan of the "other" game really, but they did do some really cool stuff. They had some things in that game that are still (as of M10) better than EA has done. I just bought ESPN 2K5 ($.99 at your local Gamestop) to see it first hand. One thing that really stuck out to me, I only played 2 games, was the way the QBs move (especially the designed roll out plays) is incredibly well done. It just "looks" right. The other thing was the WR/DB battles, tipped passes, hand fighting and just how "missing" a swat attempt could mean the CB was out of position or when the ball was picked off the WR didn't make the auto warp tackle that you see in Madden. It looks fluid and it looks and feels like there is momentum involved.

Lastly, I have seen some of your posts here in recent days and I don't get the impression you are a douche.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:53 AM   #80
Pro

OVR: 8

I gave madden my last chance last year...

I respect any programmer that does that job, but the business of EA does not care about the people that want the realistic gameplay. Madden is only going get better where their business allows it to get better. There is no benefit to the business for technical changes only ones that make them more money, hence why we are still seeing suction blocking and engage disengage blocking.

Well, glad I like RPGs more than football now or I would be out of my mind.

Lineman get no respect by the media in real football or in Madden.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »