Home

Hey EA-plz tone down the QB-hit-while-throwin-ball-pops-up-and-DL-picks-6's-it stuff?

This is a discussion on Hey EA-plz tone down the QB-hit-while-throwin-ball-pops-up-and-DL-picks-6's-it stuff? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Hey EA-plz tone down the QB-hit-while-throwin-ball-pops-up-and-DL-picks-6's-it st

That all sounds pretty familiar Afrikan, LOL, unfortunately
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #26
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Hey EA-plz tone down the QB-hit-while-throwin-ball-pops-up-and-DL-picks-6's-it st

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I completely agree. Overall, I think front 7 defenders are portrayed as too athletic in space. My 3-4 style LB's in Pittsburgh shouldn't be able to nab 1 handed INT's on rockets thrown over the middle. There should be more tipped passes and deflections, not a ton of spectacular INT's all the time. When a defender doesn't have his feet set or his weight under him, he's in a tough position to make a catch. Off balanced catches are very difficult and that's why in APF you can't do it.

I agree about balls popping straight up in the air. It just isn't that common. More balls need to fall incomplete faster. It should be simply tougher to catch the ball in those situations, and that explanation of not having weight under control would help alleviate that I think.

Another thing that ties into this is simply pass trajectory. LB's shouldn't make extreme catches, and balls should move at a proper trajectory, especially ones that are not bullets. I liked almost everything M10 had to offer, but I still think that pass trajectory is just garbage. They could really touch up those deep passes especially.

Anyway, good thread and valid criticism. I hope this is a simple tuning thing they did.
Yep, LB's in this game have matrix line reaction times. It's not that defenders aren't athletic enough to make these plays, it's that there no way the LB would process and react that quickly.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 05-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Just the same as no LB would ever be able to pick off a pass intended for someone throw 30 yards behind them. At best you'd see a huge deflection with the ball going up into the sky. But with the velocity that NFL QB's throw with you'd never see a LB picking off so many passes like they do in the game.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Yep, LB's in this game have matrix line reaction times. It's not that defenders aren't athletic enough to make these plays, it's that there no way the LB would process and react that quickly.
Correct. Yeah, they are athletic enough to make plays like that, but not on a ball thrown that hard from that distance.. consistently. Linebackers have other areas of athleticism outside of catching the ball (hitting people!). APF did a great job of representing this, I thought. If you threw a ball right at them, they'd make you pay, but if you were throwing a ball 20 yards downfield and they were at 7 yards deep, they wouldn't get 1 handed INT's.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 05-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #29
Rookie

mustardnmayo's Arena

OVR: 6

co-sign for one of the most annoying unrealistc things in the game
Old 05-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #30
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I do want to see EA penalize QBs more for throwing while getting nailed though.
Agreed. Hate how QB's can still pass so accurately when I'm about to sack them.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Yeah, the problem is it's not done correctly. Instead of being lessening degress in accuracy it almost seems like there is a cutoff point in the animation, where if you throw it one split second it's perfectly thrown as if the QB has ZERO pressure on him, then the next split second is the "ball pops up into the air" crap that is unrealistic as heck. There really is very little in between, or not as much as they should be anyways..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #32
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah, the problem is it's not done correctly. Instead of being lessening degress in accuracy it almost seems like there is a cutoff point in the animation, where if you throw it one split second it's perfectly thrown as if the QB has ZERO pressure on him, then the next split second is the "ball pops up into the air" crap that is unrealistic as heck. There really is very little in between, or not as much as they should be anyways..
Yep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »