Home

Hey EA-plz tone down the QB-hit-while-throwin-ball-pops-up-and-DL-picks-6's-it stuff?

This is a discussion on Hey EA-plz tone down the QB-hit-while-throwin-ball-pops-up-and-DL-picks-6's-it stuff? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Hey EA-plz tone down the QB-hit-while-throwin-ball-pops-up-and-DL-picks-6's-it stuff?

I was so happy when EA made it so you could get hit while throwing and it wasn't an automatic wrap up sack no matter where the QB was in his throwing motion but now it seems things have gone the other direction. If I had a nickel for every time when a QB was hit while throwing and the ball arced up perfectly 3 yards in front of him while a DL or OLB casually picks off the ball and runs it back for a TD or long gain then i'd be a millionaire.

The frustrating thing about it is the DL or OLB almost never drops the ball, then a play later you will see an elite CB have the ball thrown directly into his hands and he bobbles it and like a buffoon cannot hold onto it. It's almost as if, in the Madden World, that defensive linemen and outside linebackers have hands of glue and defensive backs have big concrete paws.

What really gets me here is that you do see QB's in the NFL hit while they're throwing but generally ball goes out of their hands downfield and into the turf around the WR they were throwing to or out of bounds or any number of places but not always pops-up a few yards in front of them so a nearby DL or OLB has an easy pick-6. In fact I can hardly remember any plays in the NFL where I see this happening yet I see it happening constantly in both games (but especially Madden).

So anyone else feel me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Hey EA-plz tone down the QB-hit-while-throwin-ball-pops-up-and-DL-picks-6's-it st

Haha that crap is annoying. It happens TOO often
Old 04-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Re: Hey EA-plz tone down the QB-hit-while-throwin-ball-pops-up-and-DL-picks-6's-it st

Yeah man, and ever notice they almost never drop it? I have no idea why EA would code all the DBs to have wide open drops so often and then allow the big, fat, stocky guys who play the interior to have nearly impeccable hands. It's a joke!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Hate that animation with a passion. Way too frequently for my taste.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

i think the ball should either go straight to the turf, or an underthrow/overthrow to the receiver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

xblake16x - agree completely...i mean every blue moon have it go up and maybe have a DL or LB have a shot at it or something...but it should be rare, not happening constantly like it is now!!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25

that exact stuff led to my ROOKIE DE having 6 picks and 4 TDs.....Stupid.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 55

I completely agree. Overall, I think front 7 defenders are portrayed as too athletic in space. My 3-4 style LB's in Pittsburgh shouldn't be able to nab 1 handed INT's on rockets thrown over the middle. There should be more tipped passes and deflections, not a ton of spectacular INT's all the time. When a defender doesn't have his feet set or his weight under him, he's in a tough position to make a catch. Off balanced catches are very difficult and that's why in APF you can't do it.

I agree about balls popping straight up in the air. It just isn't that common. More balls need to fall incomplete faster. It should be simply tougher to catch the ball in those situations, and that explanation of not having weight under control would help alleviate that I think.

Another thing that ties into this is simply pass trajectory. LB's shouldn't make extreme catches, and balls should move at a proper trajectory, especially ones that are not bullets. I liked almost everything M10 had to offer, but I still think that pass trajectory is just garbage. They could really touch up those deep passes especially.

Anyway, good thread and valid criticism. I hope this is a simple tuning thing they did.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »