Home

Will The Potential NFL Strike in 2011 Effect Madden 2012

This is a discussion on Will The Potential NFL Strike in 2011 Effect Madden 2012 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: Will The Potential NFL Strike in 2011 Effect Madden 2012

NBA live 2000 was release after the 99 nba lockout... I will take a shot at it.. NO.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:39 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastwork
you think EA is not going to move these units because of a strike? i don't think so my friend
I agree. Ultimately, If they can. EA will release Madden 2012 even if there is no NFL season. It would just be interesting to see how it is done and when it is released. You'd have no draft, no free agency etc and who knows if The NFL goes down the strike players road. They'd be crazy to go down that road but if the players don't agree to the new CBA. What will they do?

The NFL and their owner's hands might be forced. They have monster TV contracts. They can't just not have a season. Do a bunch of UFL and CFL guys come in and play on NFL teams? Talk about a roster update.

It's interesting to think about the possibilities if there is some type of strike.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

there probably will be a drop in sales if there is a strike. People won't be as excited for the football season if they know its being delayed. i think madden guys work themselves into a frenzy around that time of year. that's why you have midnight sales at gamestop. I remember when the midnight lines were necessary to ensure you got a copy, stores would run out of inventory. its not quite like that anymore.

have you ever played with a dog and for no reason at all he just starts humping the air? that's the same thing that happens to madden guys in august.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYGx
I hope it does happen... for the sake of the Madden dev team. That gives them a whole extra year to catch up.
Exactly. I really hope the strike happens and we dont have a Madden game that year. That way Ian and the devs will have 2 years to make a new game.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #13
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

There is absolutely going to be a draft next year no matter what happens. It was confirmed by both ESPN and NFL network during the draft last week.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #14
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Madden sales would probably increase cause the nfl is an itch that needs to be scratched. More people would probably scratch that itch with madden. Plus I would think that it would get more coverage in the news. Fox or cnn runs a headline entitled: does nfl lockout hurt madden sales or somthing like that. It would draw more attention to Madden I would think.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

Some of you are looking at this the wrong way. There's no way the NFL would allow EA NOT to release a Madden game if there wasn't a season that year. Owners and the Players Association are all about their "warchests" in these situations and the Madden game would provide both camps with some revenue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkrieger
Each Madden is based on a new season so I really dont see how they could justify making a Madden 12 if there is no season.
It's built of off the previous football season, with next years game rules/uni's in mind. They can still put out a game, but it will be quite bittersweet for all us NFL fans.

Honestly, I can't imagine not having football and not having a football game... argh!

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »