Home

Will The Potential NFL Strike in 2011 Effect Madden 2012

This is a discussion on Will The Potential NFL Strike in 2011 Effect Madden 2012 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Will The Potential NFL Strike in 2011 Effect Madden 2012

I hope there will be no strike, because that would suck big time. However, if there were, I don't see Madden's Development being halted. Just like NHL 2005 was still released during their lockout, so I think they would release the game regardless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYGx
I hope it does happen... for the sake of the Madden dev team. That gives them a whole extra year to catch up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Exactly. I really hope the strike happens and we dont have a Madden game that year. That way Ian and the devs will have 2 years to make a new game.
What kind of NFL fans are y'all?
Old 05-07-2010, 12:32 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangkiki
ROFL Are you dumb? You do know that the CBA is running out in March 2011 right?

A work stoppage is imminent.. unless something is done. [lol that sounds serious. but it is serious.]

Come on man that is not what the OS is about... You can make your point with out the jab.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:12 AM   #28
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

EA would do exactly what they did with Madden 64; except this time they would have real NFL Team names, but with generic players...

Madden Football 64

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Madden Football 64

Developer(s)EA Tiburon
Publisher(s)EA Sports
Platform(s)Nintendo 64
Release date(s)NA October 31, 1997
PAL December, 1997
Genre(s)Sports
Mode(s)Single player, Multiplayer
Rating(s)ESRB: Kids to Adults (K-A)
Madden Football 64 is a football video game. It was the first game of the Madden NFL series to be released for the Nintendo 64. The game has commentary by Pat Summerall and John Madden.
This edition does not use real NFL team names or logos, so as with past games that had players' association licenses but not those of the league, the teams use banners that consist of two bars with the team colors, and the team name on top of them in white, accompanied by players in their uniforms. The Pro Bowl is referred to as the "Madden Bowl", and the Super Bowl as the "EAS Championship".
The New England Patriots are referred to as Foxboro, the Carolina Panthers are referred to as Charlotte, and certain historic teams for the Los Angeles Rams are referred to as Anaheim. This refers to where their stadiums are actually located (despite the Rams not playing in Anaheim until the 1980s). Despite this, the Buffalo Bills, Dallas Cowboys, and Detroit Lions are not referred to as Orchard Park, Irving, and Pontiac respectively, and neither New York team is East Rutherford. Team uniforms are sometimes altered; Foxboro's helmet in this game is red when in real life it was silver.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »