Home

What would be the one thing EA coule fix/improve that would really get you excited?

This is a discussion on What would be the one thing EA coule fix/improve that would really get you excited? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2010, 12:01 AM   #9
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: What would be the one thing EA coule fix/improve that would really get you excite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soodmeg
Uhhhh you want to go into a little more detail?
Thanks for this forum ahhhh where do I start

1. NBA 2k has a system where you can play different drills with different players, 1on1, team drills, its a hands on experience to the players..I've often sat in the same chair for a hour debating who to draft just based on these games, I felt a real DESIRE to have a player because of this, I would assume this would be considered adding a combine or pro-day or something

2. As stated by many of my fav. posters here; a interactive negotiating process for FA, It doesn't become hard to figure out how to get FA's...Money! which I seem to always have an abundance of.

3. Draft presentation...I could write a novel on this, I'll save the trouble...The NFL draft in primetime was a huge ratings success for a reason, I want to feel it in Madden

4. Mini-Camp/OTA/Etc. This is where new wrinkles come into a teams playbook, philosophy, this should be integrated with the playbook knowledge feature from HC. Also in FA...It should be a decision I have to make when it comes to signing a new FA who knows nothing about my playbook as opposed to resigning that 4 year vet who has grasped it, Add to that if I want to bring a FA in being able to scout how familiar with my plays is that player...I'll stop here
Old 05-01-2010, 12:08 AM   #10
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What would be the one thing EA coule fix/improve that would really get you excite

Full ESPN + CBS/FOX/ETC. Broadcast presentation w/ Super-Amped Playoff Presentation. It would instantly get me to buy Madden 2011, just like I instantly bought NCAA Basketball 10 (after their presentation upgrade).

The only reason why I'm not saying "Improved Animation System" is because I know for a fact that Ian and crew can't and won't do it. Can't because they've had 5+ years and they're still nowhere close to their concept video for Madden 2006 (While Backbreaker has met and surpassed it in a span of 1-2 years). This leads me to believe that they simply do not have the technical ability to create a respectable animation system. And won't because EA is too set in their ways this generation to make a drastic animation system upgrade.

So yea, the only thing that can realistically happen that would make me give 2011 a look would be an authentic presentation upgrade. It would serve as a band-aid to make me forget about the huge animation flaws - at least for a season or two.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 3

See that is the one thing that I never got about Madden. If your tech is lacking why not just focus on the presentation side? We all know that you can make stellar presentation even with the last gen tech so why have they completely ignored this aspect this entire time?

I think a lot of people would ignore some of the games flaws if their presentation was up to snuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 12:40 AM   #12
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
The only reason why I'm not saying "Improved Animation System" is because I know for a fact that Ian and crew can't and won't do it. Can't because they've had 5+ years and they're still nowhere close to their concept video for Madden 2006 (While Backbreaker has met and surpassed it in a span of 1-2 years). This leads me to believe that they simply do not have the technical ability to create a respectable animation system. And won't because EA is too set in their ways this generation to make a drastic animation system upgrade.
Ian has only been at the helm for one year. And isn't locomotion an improved animation system? Now they still have a LONG way to go, no doubt...but give some credit where some credit is due.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #13
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
Full ESPN + CBS/FOX/ETC. Broadcast presentation w/ Super-Amped Playoff Presentation. It would instantly get me to buy Madden 2011, just like I instantly bought NCAA Basketball 10 (after their presentation upgrade).

So yea, the only thing that can realistically happen that would make me give 2011 a look would be an authentic presentation upgrade. It would serve as a band-aid to make me forget about the huge animation flaws - at least for a season or two.
Agree with you 100%!

I think I have to be realistic and just accept the things I cant change.While I would love to see huge gameplay improvement,better franchise depth and indiviual player AI,I will settle for great presentation.A weekly network style league recap show with video highlights and tons of new in game presentation scenes and I will quickly turn a blind eye and deaf ears to all of Maddens' other problems.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #14
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

Offline Franchise mode (Season and Offseason)! Waiting to hear what Josh Looman has to say about this years mode.

It will be interesting to read and hear the details. My purchase hinges on what is fixed and added to this mode.

What would be the point of dropping another $60 on a game I already have? That price is too high for a roster update.

What Looman does to Madden is only based on what he is allowed to do. Having NFL HC09 to his credit, it comes down to the leads and upper management as to the direction of this game.

Last edited by Step2001; 05-01-2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:18 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 13

WR vs DB and Pass Rush

If they addressed the stuff LBzrule has detailed in the above thread, linked for your convenience, I would be so darn happy that my heart might explode!!!

More control by way of "pressure sensitive" button input
Last gen controller layout option

I agree with the OP about sliding and would love to see EA really go to an expansive degree of "options"!

I play in two "multi-user" franchises so I would like to see the following options;
1. Independent difficulty setting for HUM to CPU trades
2. "Commish" lock code for settings
3. Option to alter how much the Salary Cap increases from year to year
4. "Quick" or "Detailed" FA contracts
4a. Option to go through FA list and target players have CPU do
negotiations and only try to sign "my targets"
5. Option to set HUM vs HUM games to All-Pro and HUM vs CPU games to
All-Madden automatically & "Commish lock" it
6. User created "draft board" in the game where I can move players
up/down as I see fit & have CPU draft best player available from
"my board"

I know that is a lot of stuff, but I figured someone might ask what I meant by expansive degree of "options"!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 03:50 AM   #16
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well it is hard to what they need to improve. Until we get other blogs on franchise mode and online and so on. It is had to say what still need improving and so on. But there will always be something in this game are any game that will need improving.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »