Home

What would be the one thing EA coule fix/improve that would really get you excited?

This is a discussion on What would be the one thing EA coule fix/improve that would really get you excited? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #57
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: What would be the one thing EA coule fix/improve that would really get you excite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung8
I was just thinking this earlier today while playing Tecmo Bowl Throwback. I was using the "old graphics" option and I was watching how the ball arced...you could actually differentiate between a short, medium, and long pass. The ball arced differently for each one while Madden more or less is a straight line. The graphics back then might not have been very good, but they got this part right. Strange how SNES tech could arc the football correctly but current tech cannot...
Yeah. There's a lot of things that I dislike about Madden, a lot of things that could be better, but the passing game items are the biggest thing that ruins the the game for me. Thing is locomotion has to work right to get the passing game down. So hopefully they are going to get both in Madden 11.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #58
Rookie

bo4345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What would be the one thing EA coule fix/improve that would really get you excite

100% True-to-life Oline/Dline interaction.

1. BULL RUSH, this is the simplest Dline move to perform in real life, why can't it be in madden? It might be in the game, but I have never saw a DLineman push pack an Olineman.
2. I don't want my lineman doing a 360 spin because he's too ******** to figure out theres a guy outside of him rushing my QB.
3. Pullers actually getting upfield(the only way to get this in M10 is turning run blocking to 100).
4. Difficulty should not matter, my line should block based on their ratings, NO MATTER WHAT.
5. O-line ratings mattering; If I am playing with the Packers or Steelers I would like to be constantly under pressure when passing. If i'm playing with the Jets I want them to dominate like they do in real life. If i'm playing with the Saints I want a perfect pocket with little pressure.
6. Chip blocks, and getting up to the second level. I think that this was in an NCAA trailer, so I hope its in the game.
7. 3-4 Defenses working how they do in real life. The point of having three 300 lb'ers on your line is to eat up space and command double teams so your linebackers are basically free hitters. So I would like to see guys like Kris Jenkins or Jamal Williams constantly commanding double teams. Elvis Dumervil and Demarcus Ware have been so successful the past couple of years in the 3-4(Ware leading the league in sacks in 08 and Elvis in 09). I think a major reason for that is because of the 3-4 and the way it is played in real life. Probably in the next few years more than 60% of the league will play the 3-4, so if this really is simulation football then let damn the schemes be played correctly.

The Offensive and Defense lines are the key part of football, I think if they got that part down, then perhaps the games other flaws wouldn't stand out as much.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 12

one word. defense.

a few more words - Man defense is broken. I only run man if I'm nano blitzing, which is a shame. LB are completely in effective against RBs catching passes in the flats.

I played strong safety in high school and madden does a HORRIBLE job of expressing defensive strategy and execution. so much attention is put towards the offensive side.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 7

A full-blooded, feature-rich offseason.

I'm just gonna go ahead and second all the folks who are barkin' for Head Coach 09 to be pretty much transferred to Madden. I'd take that.

It's hard not to say gameplay, especially after seeing the potential that's loaded in Backbreaker, but scouting some guy in college, evaluating him in an individual workout, trading up to get him, and then developing him with positional coaches (whom actually matter in-game) would be, well, thrilling.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 10

CPU teams actually making trades, putting guys on IR, adding more FA's. Franchise is boring when I'm the team making all the moves. Boring!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 12:10 AM   #62
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

I know I am in the Minority here. But, Maximum passing on 2k
was my favorite feature. I know Madden has precision passing,
but the lead on the passing is not to my liking. I like to
throw the ball to open areas, which I can do on 2k5...

If I saw no safety over help and my WR was one one on one
to the left hash mark. I could aim to the middle of the field
and hit him in stride. If my quarter back had bad accuracy,
sometimes it would be a over throw. But at least the throw
was where I was aiming.. It required some skill to do this..
It wasn't a Money play, so when you connected it was satisfying..

I do not get that feeling from Madden passing..
Old 05-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 8

Is there anything that madden does right? lol We want them to fix everything!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:52 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi everyone.
I have got new Xbox 360 and i need an elegant skin for it. So please suggest me a website that provides good skins for xbox.

Xbox 360 skins

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »