Home

Are we still allowed to ask Ian questions? If so I have one that I always wondered.

This is a discussion on Are we still allowed to ask Ian questions? If so I have one that I always wondered. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Are we still allowed to ask Ian questions? If so I have one that I always wondered.

Is there really any reason to visually rape my eyes with dozens of EA logos on everything? Not even other EA sports games go to the degree that Madden does with the self advertising.

I am being serious with this because its one of the details that really keep madden from ever feeling like football. The madden team has always sacrificed immersion for advertising. (to someone to most likely already bought the game mind you) When people go to games, they are not wearing EA sports sweatshirts nor have I ever seen a field with a EA sports logo on it. When NBC puts up stat overlays they are not covered in EA sports logos and I am pretty sure EA doesnt make a brand of helmet.

Its just one of those things that I could never find logic behind. Its a very small detail that would have a huge effect on the over all feel of a product. But having upwards of 6-10 EA logos on one screen does a great job in reminding me that I am playing a game.

Even though we are all gamers the NFL IS NOT directly related to Madden or EA. The common football fan doesnt even play video games. So in trying to replicate that....why do they choose to break that immersion to force logos in that would never exist in real life.

I just really love a reasoning for it.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: Are we still allowed to ask Ian questions? If so I have one that I always wondere

Based on his latest blog I don't think he will be coming around here any time soon and based on these type of threads I don't blame him. "Visually rape" I think you are really going to get mature people to take you serious now. SMFH
Old 05-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Are we still allowed to ask Ian questions? If so I have one that I always wondere

Visually rape is nothing compared to what other people have said.I agree with Soodmeg.EA logos are a lil overdone.They have more EA logos than they do the NFL logo.

To Soodmeg I would change the title of your thread because I dont think we are allowed to put the develeopers name in the title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »