Home

Realistically, do you see the NFL ending the exclusivity deal?

This is a discussion on Realistically, do you see the NFL ending the exclusivity deal? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: The exclusivity deal will be:
Renewed 224 69.78%
NFL will see the errors of it's ways and rip it up 97 30.22%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #17
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Realistically, do you see the NFL ending the exclusivity deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Nor is it a monopoly.
A monopoly would be defined by how they determine the market. If they determine it to be video games, or even sports games, then yep, no monopoly. If they draw the market at sports video football game. Possible monopoly. It all depends on where they draw the lines.

Has there been any new info on the case since last year? I had honestly forgotten about the case. Was it resolved, or progressed further?
Old 05-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #18

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

It'll be renewed.

You can take that to the bank.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
A monopoly would be defined by how they determine the market. If they determine it to be video games, or even sports games, then yep, no monopoly. If they draw the market at sports video football game. Possible monopoly. It all depends on where they draw the lines.

Has there been any new info on the case since last year? I had honestly forgotten about the case. Was it resolved, or progressed further?
The article said the case resumes Sept. 14th.

Also, I read somewhere that the SC will probably kick it back down to the lower courts and we all know how that turned out.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

There's no way EA doesn't keep the exclusivity deal with The NFL. The NFL is EA's forever.

Anyone who thinks that 2K or any other company is going to get the NFL license for a game in the future is kidding themselves. It's NEVER happening.

The NFL and EA will be together forever. The NFL's deal with EA is too sweet for them to even consider anyone else. You think that the NFL cares about motion shifting. The only motion shifting they care about is EA motion shifting all of their money into the NFL's wallets.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #21
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Thing is, even if EA doesn't renew someone else will pick it up because the NFL obviously wants an exclusive deal with someone, then we're back at square one complaining that 2k got complacent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonM
There's no way EA doesn't keep the exclusivity deal with The NFL. The NFL is EA's forever.

Anyone who thinks that 2K or any other company is going to get the NFL license for a game in the future is kidding themselves. It's NEVER happening.

The NFL and EA will be together forever. The NFL's deal with EA is too sweet for them to even consider anyone else. You think that the NFL cares about motion shifting. The only motion shifting they care about is EA motion shifting all of their money into the NFL's wallets.

And you think with EA's sales over the years and the amount of people they laid off that they will continue to keep shelling out the money to the NFL when their sales keep declining rapidly every year. Their sales were down 20% last year. Thats a huge difference in one year. If they keep putting out the same garbage every year with a few dumb gimmicks to try and draw people in then its not gonna end well for them,especially with BB going to become a franchise and with that engine,they can do some pretty remarkable thing with their game.

I can only imagine how much better BB2 is going to be cuz they can take their time with it again and come out with a bang. Adding realistic injuries,fatigue,deep player customisation,more player models and stripe details,deeper franchise and Road to BB modes,signature moves,co-op with alot more people,online franchise,deep stadium editor,codes for each uniform to share like All Pro 2k8 did and SNOW!!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 01:54 AM   #23
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

Trust me, EA Madden sales are declining rapidly year by year.

It's only a matter of time before it becomes financially unfeasible to renew the NFL exclusive license. Believe it or not, we are actually making a difference.

Last edited by N@X_WiZaRD; 05-02-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:00 AM   #24
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
Trust me, EA Madden sales are declining rapidly year by year.

It's only a matter of time before it becomes financially unfeasible to renew the NFL exclusive license. Believe it or not, we are actually making a difference.
Are those PS3 only sales? Xbox 360 only sales? Because that graph tells me nothing. And if its total sales, its definitely not correct either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »