Home

My Experience With Madden 10 Tonight and Why I Have a New Respect For it!!!

This is a discussion on My Experience With Madden 10 Tonight and Why I Have a New Respect For it!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2010, 10:12 PM   #17
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: My Experience With Madden 10 Tonight and Why I Have a New Respect For it!!!

I love you spliff (not in that way lol), but you are taking this too far. All cheesers are not created equally. I have seen people that can play in goal line D all game long and be very effective in stopping all kinds of offensive gameplans and formations. That doesn't mean that just because I play in goal line, after seeing it done, that I will be as good as they are at it.

The kid used 6 plays. There are people that find a cheese with many plays in the game. Not all cheesers run only a few plays a game.

Furthermore he was playing with a team that had all 99 rated players. You have basically proven that ratings in Madden mean nothing. I know on any given Sunday, but come on now.

Now I'm not saying that 10 is the worst game in the world. Far from it. But I fail to see how that experience could possible move one to view Madden in a more favorable light. I just don't.

You were definitely drinking some good ish though lol.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I love you spliff (not in that way lol), but you are taking this too far. All cheesers are not created equally. I have seen people that can play in goal line D all game long and be very effective in stopping all kinds of offensive gameplans and formations. That doesn't mean that just because I play in goal line, after seeing it done, that I will be as good as they are at it.

The kid used 6 plays. There are people that find a cheese with many plays in the game. Not all cheesers run only a few plays a game.

Furthermore he was playing with a team that had all 99 rated players. You have basically proven that ratings in Madden mean nothing. I know on any given Sunday, but come on now.

Now I'm not saying that 10 is the worst game in the world. Far from it. But I fail to see how that experience could possible move one to view Madden in a more favorable light. I just don't.

This is exactly what I was thinking as I read this....the 99 rated teams plays no part in it, as most of the ratings are totally irrelevant.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #19
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I love playing a guy who plays like that and still beat him.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #20
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT

lol, I never thought about it like that. I guess because I saw the 99 rated players breaking all kinds of tackles and looking like monsters on defense lol. It would be hard for me to say the ratings don't matter after seeing all of that. I guess you're right though. In fact, thinking about it now(since I'm sober ) that was probably the most gratifying part of it because he was talking ish about his 99 rated team and no one could beat him. Now the picking the 71 OVR Raiders part was definitely the alcohol taking effect. I would have never done that if I was sober, but hell it makes the story even better now lol.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:14 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
This is exactly what I was thinking as I read this....the 99 rated teams plays no part in it, as most of the ratings are totally irrelevant.
It's never been about ratings. I used to switch to 2nd string QB just for fun and I was more successful with them than with the starting QB. Back on last gen, my friend would beat people using the Europe teams and the Texans while they had the Eagles.

Madden 2004 was a year where the Redskins were really bad and yet I still won games with them. I had the same results with Madden 06' with Patrick Ramsey as my QB. I still got the job done with his small vision cone. I wasn't the greatest but I still manage to win games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 03:33 AM   #22
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
I didn't even read your post because I just woke up and all I see is a wall of text. A very bad wall of text man. Please edit your post and use some paragraphing. I employ you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Do you mean implore me? I don't really think you're my boss lol. Anyway, I fixed the first post for ya.

lol at all of you guys!! Yes, I had been drinking......a lot, but that didn't affect what I was trying to say. A few things though:

- It wasn't my friend, it was his kid.

- He tried to use the flats a lot, but between my manual rush and my modified cover 2, he couldn't get it consistently. You noticed Aso's interception was in the flats.

- The kid was good. I'm sure he beats up on people all the time. I was just better.

The point that I was trying to make with the story was that proper play calling and strategy can beat cheese and stick skills in madden 10. I don't play online much anymore( because they changed the speed to slow, not because of cheese) so I don't get to play cheese like this anymore. It feels good when your straight up play beats cheese. I'm sure some of you understand what I mean.

Hahah thanks guys that gave me a chuckle.

On topic: Here is my thing though.

Is it VIDEO GAME strategy or FOOTBALL strategy that beats exploiters? I'm hoping that 11 will be much more about football strategy. Hopefully this new game plan feature will bring back realistic football play calls, but only if they put the work in to model EVERY team, rather than just the best or most popular ones.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:57 AM   #23
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Let's be honest for A moment here people. We all know"ratings don't matter" except for speed, throwing power and throwing accuracy. To say that you played a 99 team with a below 99 team doesn't really matter that much.

Also, splff3000, you beat a kid...

How much strategy did it really take to do that?

Regarding M11, if it makes any difference, we played an in house tournament on CD. I took 2ed place in a nail bitter game that I lost by three. I made a big mistake at the end of the half that ended up costing me the game in the long run, a turnover that led to a FG. I took the leed in the final 2min where the other player made the game winning TD on 4th and goal [though the key play was 3rd and goal where he set up a 4th down inside the one for a "gimme" TD.]

I also played against a few central game play guys [in part to point out bugs in action] and I came away feeling like the CD alpha build was a solid balance between stick and strategy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »