Home

Offline Franchise: The Time for Tweaking is Over

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise: The Time for Tweaking is Over within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #33
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Offline Franchise: The Time for Tweaking is Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
As long as there is a constant OVR these extra players would be a waste. Would you really cut a vetran OVR 73 or so for an undrafted FA OVR 42. I don't think so, without a complete overhaul to ratings these extra people would just get in the way.
Thank you! Although, OVR doesn't always tell the whole story, it is much too obvious a way to handle your roster. I greatly dislike having OVR and wish that we would actually have to evaluate our team and have scouts that would bring us letter grades, and depending on the quality of our scouts have those letters be very accurate, slightly accurate and sometimes completely off.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 7

i completly agree the other thing they need to fix is the comp logic on the field watching drew brees throw 7 ints into tripl or quadruple coverage is unaceptable
Old 05-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm OK with franchise taking a back seat to gameplay for the next few years.

I'm a franchise guy, but I haven't played more than a handful of exhibition games, much less a franchise, on this generation of systems. Until they put out a Football game, franchise mode is useless to me.

I wish they would reassign EVERYONE on the Madden staff to gameplay/animations until next generation. There's a lot of work to be done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Bah..im actually the opposite side of this. I actually think the gameplay additions of the last few years are great and the game is fun and stable it just gets old after awhile without the Franchise mode to keep me interested.
I agree with you both. I think I would side only SLIGHTLY more with BezO on this, though. Even if franchise mode is tweaked only a little bit... if the game is more fun to play on the field, and through various things such as gameplanning, I can deal with it taking the back seat for another year or two. I just want the game to FEEL like football. Not so pre-determined.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #36
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm OK with franchise taking a back seat to gameplay for the next few years.

I'm a franchise guy, but I haven't played more than a handful of exhibition games, much less a franchise, on this generation of systems. Until they put out a Football game, franchise mode is useless to me.

I wish they would reassign EVERYONE on the Madden staff to gameplay/animations until next generation. There's a lot of work to be done.
Yah i agree with another poster, im the opposite of this. the gameplay works for me. its not perfect by any means, but i realize its a video game, and i can use my imagination to overcome deficiencies. franchise mode is just so lackluster and bare-boned that no amount of imaginative power can fix it. it needs some serious, serious attention.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

EA is so worried about the online franchise mode and they can't even create a great offline mode, so you don't get tired of playing it year 5 into the franchise, because everything is being repeated over and over again. Hopefully EA can stop being lazy and be more creative this time around.

PSN: xLoRd_iNFamousX1
Old 05-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #38
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't understand you "gameplay" guys. There is another game out there with superiour gameplay if that is all you are concerned with.

I want next gen NFL franchise mode. I want to build the Bengals to a dynasty and then try and rebuild the Lions. I want to take Graham Harrell from a practice squad leftover to NFL MVP. I want drafts, weekly progression, training camp, practice squads, drills, foam finger sales, coach progression, holdouts, trades, rebuilding stadiums, expansion teams, recap shows, training .... etc.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #39
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I don't understand you "gameplay" guys. There is another game out there with superiour gameplay if that is all you are concerned with.
Really? Which game is that?

And that's not all I want. I'm a franchise guy. I thought I said that. I don't like the gameplay. What would I do with a better franchise mode?
Old 05-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #40
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
I just read Josh Looman's Q&A regarding franchise mode for Madden 2010. He stressed that his approach would be to rebuild the foundation of the mode, ie sound logic, stats, progression and that kinda jazz. As he said, if you had termites in your house, you wouldn't build a new addition before getting rid of them.

This was a sound approach for M '10, Looman's first year at the helm of franchise. The mode had been an absolute joke before its arrival, so it was necessary to take a more basic approach.

But with that being said, the time for "tweaking" is over. They had a full year to work on this stuff, stuff that, for the most part, worked fine on old-gens games over 6 years ago. However, I've seen people around here suggesting that all it would take to win them over this year is to see franchise get "shored up" and "stats and logic improved".

Bull **** people! Just because that crap wasn't delivered as promised last year means we should lower our expectations yet again. Josh, you got your year to get rid of the termites. Now we expect you to make this "house" into a "mansion" (brilliant analogy, I know).

I'm not even talking bringing Madden up to old-gen's caliber. I'm talking surpassing it. It's been 6 years, the least we can get is a new feature that we can say, "Wow, I've never seen that before!" I'm referring to things like, oh, I don't know, 80 MAN ROSTERS, PRACTICE SQUADS, AN ACTUAL WEEKLY HIGHLIGHT SHOW. Plus all that other stuff from old gen classics like pro-bowl players with their actual helmets, a college senior bowl, training camp, maybe player roles, and everything else.

Bottom line is that the time for tweaking is over. I've drawn the line. If Madden 2011 franchise is not BETTER, DEEPER, MORE REALISTIC than any Madden franchise mode ever, I will not buy this game. Gentlemen, we've grown complacent. We've become trained to accept an inferior product. It's time to make a stand and accept nothing but excellence. Who's with me!?
Agreed, i'll rent from gamefly and if the franchise doenst have the stuff you talked about i'm not buyin.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »