Home

Did EA scout the defenses tendencies for what they like to do in down situations?

This is a discussion on Did EA scout the defenses tendencies for what they like to do in down situations? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Did EA scout the defenses tendencies for what they like to do in down situations?

Quote:
From the blogs and videos its only been said that defensive gameflow is based on offensive personell. No mention has been made of down & distances effect on defensive gameflow.
I think this could be a big problem though if down & distance has no effect on defense, since a lot of teams do like to run out of 3 and 4 WR sets. On 1st and 10 I may want to run a Nickel or even 4-3/3-4 Zone against those looks to respect the run threat while on 3rd and long I'd be much more willing to put more DBs on the field and play some man.
This isn't true. There is a video interview, on OS, with Ian talking about Gameflow and Gameplan. He talks about how you could set it up so your coordinator picks from 15 plays per situation, 1st Down, 2nd and Short, etc. You then rank the plays with a 1-5 star system to determine preference.

My understanding is that they did a lot of research into what makes each team that team. Coaching tendencies were looked at quite closely. Now if this research translates into teams and coaches and players acting as they do IRL in Madden, who knows.

But as someone else said, this question is way too early. I haven't ran out the door to buy Madden in years, ever since '99 or 2000 it has been rent first.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: Did EA scout the defenses tendencies for what they like to do in down situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleIt5
This isn't true. There is a video interview, on OS, with Ian talking about Gameflow and Gameplan. He talks about how you could set it up so your coordinator picks from 15 plays per situation, 1st Down, 2nd and Short, etc. You then rank the plays with a 1-5 star system to determine preference.

My understanding is that they did a lot of research into what makes each team that team. Coaching tendencies were looked at quite closely. Now if this research translates into teams and coaches and players acting as they do IRL in Madden, who knows.

But as someone else said, this question is way too early. I haven't ran out the door to buy Madden in years, ever since '99 or 2000 it has been rent first.
Are you sure it wasn't set up based on what formation the offense comes out in. I'm pretty sure that is what he said.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #19
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
NE uses a true 5 WIDE set quite a bit.....
Yes, they spread the field in a no back set, but they never have 5 WRs on the field. Last year, for instance, it was usually Moss, Welker, Aiken/Edelman, then Watson and Faulk would be the other guys split wide. Sometimes they had 4 WR on the field and Faulk.

As for the Packers, same thing. They usually only had 4 WRs active every week: Jennings, Driver, Jones, and Nelson. They split Finley and Lee wide a lot, but again, never 5 actual WR.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:14 PM   #20
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Most teams only suit up 4 WR a week... if they suit up a 5th he's probably just a special team player..
Old 05-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Yes, they spread the field in a no back set, but they never have 5 WRs on the field. Last year, for instance, it was usually Moss, Welker, Aiken/Edelman, then Watson and Faulk would be the other guys split wide. Sometimes they had 4 WR on the field and Faulk.

As for the Packers, same thing. They usually only had 4 WRs active every week: Jennings, Driver, Jones, and Nelson. They split Finley and Lee wide a lot, but again, never 5 actual WR.
if it really bothers you that much than put the TE or HB as your 5th receiver on the depth chart... its not that difficult
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #22
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

when do you think on the fly substitutions will come into the game? Like The offense chooses a 4 wr set in the huddle there was only 2 wrs in the last play and when two more wr run on the field.. the defense reacts and adds extra db's or whatever personel neccessary. That'd be the day of greatness

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 05-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
when do you think on the fly substitutions will come into the game? Like The offense chooses a 4 wr set in the huddle there was only 2 wrs in the last play and when two more wr run on the field.. the defense reacts and adds extra db's or whatever personel neccessary. That'd be the day of greatness

Good question I know they said when you are doing your hurry offense you can actually choose from the whole playbook but it might be with just the same personel as the play before..

I should be this year if they are doing all of this.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #24
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
if it really bothers you that much than put the TE or HB as your 5th receiver on the depth chart... its not that difficult
not everyone plays against a human...

Is it so taboo to have a smart AI????

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »