Home

Is Madden 11 Without NFL Playbooks If so Its a Shame

This is a discussion on Is Madden 11 Without NFL Playbooks If so Its a Shame within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Is Madden 11 Without NFL Playbooks If so Its a Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
The NFL playbooks in Madden are realistic.
No way. Receiver route depths are often wrong distances. Check-release or "slow" protectors are mis-used. Often times, QB drops are the wrong depths/steps to mesh with the routes being run. Mulitple protection schemes are non-existant. There are no gap, zone, or true trap schemes in the game. Hopefully, the new blocking logic will add to the amount of schemes used.

I am not saying that there isn't anything realistic about the plays. Some of the concepts are accurate, but for the most part, they are mis-represented.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 13

EA needs to completely re-design every double-move route in the game. They seem to think that an out-n-up means the receiver runs a five yard out to completion and then turns up field. It takes forever and is not even close to what actually happens on Sundays.

There is a thread that has some video examples of "double-move" routes, they are all like a jab step, head/shoulder fake, or a quick two step and go type thing. Should tie this and all routes to route run ratings of course, but the DMRs need vast overhaul!

For franchise mode at least, you should have the ability to pick the formations you have and what plays are in those formations. That way you could build a playbook based on what "system" you want to actually run.

Not to mention you should be able to "adapt" to your players as the franchise moves on, without having to go to a different team's playbbok.

This has always bothered me about Madden, particularly with franchise mode. The big reason I think people use so few plays is because they have to take a particular playbook and "limit" themselves to what EA puts in there. Just doesn't allow you to any flexibility IMO. I would run way more plays from the same number of plays, if I could select which plays were in my playbook!
Old 05-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

EA must let the rating mean something on Madden 11. On Madden 10 it didn't matter if I had the best offensive line in the Indianapolis Colts or the most pitiful offensive line in NFL in the Oakland Raiders, they all had that stupid blocking animation that does nothing, like they on another hemisphere.

PSN: xLoRd_iNFamousX1
Old 05-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #28
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I'd like to see them make AI adjust routes to situations...so WR's don't run a 7 yard pattern on an 8 yard 3rd down
Old 05-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #29
Rookie

pitchingcoach36, I understand completely. You rarely get a 3 and inches on Madden 10. If you are close then it is a automatic first down.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchingcoach36
I'd like to see them make AI adjust routes to situations...so WR's don't run a 7 yard pattern on an 8 yard 3rd down
They do have a smart route option, if you were not aware. And for now, I would rather hot route to a smart route than have EA adjusting my routes for me - sometimes I am running routes short of the first down for a particular reason, to flood a zone or try to draw a defender out of another area, so I don't want EA changing my routes on the fly!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:21 PM   #31
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
No way. Receiver route depths are often wrong distances. Check-release or "slow" protectors are mis-used. Often times, QB drops are the wrong depths/steps to mesh with the routes being run. Mulitple protection schemes are non-existant. There are no gap, zone, or true trap schemes in the game. Hopefully, the new blocking logic will add to the amount of schemes used.

I am not saying that there isn't anything realistic about the plays. Some of the concepts are accurate, but for the most part, they are mis-represented.
The 3 step drop needs to be much deeper. If I let the auto drop happen and don't move my QB back farther, I will either get sacked or at least wrapped up by a DT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #32
Rookie

The offensive line is so horrible at blocking, that you cant get more than a 3 step drop. Then you have at least 2 or 3 seconds to get the ball out of the Quarterback hands. That is noway near enough time to look around the football field for open receivers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »