Home

Is Madden 11 Without NFL Playbooks If so Its a Shame

This is a discussion on Is Madden 11 Without NFL Playbooks If so Its a Shame within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Is Madden 11 Without NFL Playbooks If so Its a Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Create a play would be useful only for offline play. Allowing people to use create a play online bring out cheesers big time. But for offline use would be nice.

Cheese has already overtaken the online experience, so why not just put the feature out there? I rarely play online against random people. I come in here, PM some guys with PS3 gamer tags or whatever or I play from a list of friends. When I don't I get cheesed to death anyways, so might as well let the dawgs out at this point!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #42
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

if the game had better physics and options create a play would not lead to cheesing

also what about league and organized frriendly matches we all get punished with the decision to not include it

if the game would respect real physics then no play would be un stoppable

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-06-2010, 04:44 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree I just can't understand why EA can't recognise is dilemma.

PSN: xLoRd_iNFamousX1
Old 05-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

I jus don't understand why EA always dumbing things down like the people that play the game is 5 yrs old.

PSN: xLoRd_iNFamousX1
Old 05-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
if the game had better physics and options create a play would not lead to cheesing

also what about league and organized frriendly matches we all get punished with the decision to not include it

if the game would respect real physics then no play would be un stoppable
Exactly, I think the "OMG! CHEESE!" argument is a cop-out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #46
All Star

OVR: 33

The NFL playbooks are not 100% authentic. They're more like ~90%. Madden is a representation of football, not a replication.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
The NFL playbooks are not 100% authentic. They're more like ~90%. Madden is a representation of football, not a replication.
90%? Come on. Most routes are run at the wrong depth. The protection schemes have been non-existent. Check-releases have been mis-represented, as well as the fact that if a back/te is in the protection, they won't release, even if the defense brings only 3 or 4 rushers. Up until now, there hasn't been any distinction in run blocking schemes other than what path the fb takes.

Defense hasn't been too realistic either. Pattern reading/reacting to the deployment of the receivers is non-existent. Many of the fire zone schemes are fundamentally unsound. Quarters coverage, which was the #1 coverage played in the NFL up until a few years ago, has never been truly represented.

I am not sure if the game needs to have 100% accurate playbooks, I don't know if the average gamer would be able to handle it. I feel that only a few things are must improvements (route depths, protection issues, pattern reading on defense), with more than a few being inconsequential to the way most gamers will play the game. I do think that the general idea of many pass concepts have been represented in a better way recently, and I think they are headed in the right direction, especially with the "true assignment" or whatever its called for the run game, but to assert that the playbooks in the game are 90% accurate is not a well thought-out statement
Old 05-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Wrong....try about 40-50%.

Also, Ian's statement is "everything you see on Sundays" which is way of saying it IS a replication of football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »