Home

3-4 block shed v 4-3 block shed...WTF really???

This is a discussion on 3-4 block shed v 4-3 block shed...WTF really??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: 3-4 block shed v 4-3 block shed...WTF really???

Anyone playing with a 3-4 defense team give these a try - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ition-cpu.html

This is the closest thing to a fix that I have able to figure out (other than manually lowering all the DT/DE's blockshed ratings) But this set seems to keep them engaged for longer so that finally the rb's have lanes and the lb's can make tackles.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #50
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
This IMO is a weird setup they have. Why have two ratings for moves and then a different rating that amplifies or diminishes the effectiveness of those moves?

BKS really should only apply to running game? Is that the general consensus that I am hearing?

I agree that DTs in general and 3-4 DEs get too many sacks, both in gameplay and especially in sim stats. But, while I agree, does anyone have some idea as to how it should work, or how EA should go about fixing it? Do they adjust the ratings based on "general scheme" 3-4 or 4-3, which I think is a bad idea because 3-4 teams sometimes use DEs as "inside rushers" or DTs in pass defense formations, nickel or dime.

I don't know how they should fix it and I was wondering if anyone did have an idea?

AGREED x 1000 Either get rid of Power/Finesse Move or Block Shed. Redundant to have all 3. If a guys PWR/FNM is high he should be shedding blocks....right? So why have a separate Block Shed rating?

I find it hard to believe these ratings all work correctly. Why Pass Block strength and Run Block strength and then a separate STRENGTH rating? Dont; get me started on footwork. Why not a strength rating and a Pass block and Run block rating? Period.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 13

Yep, I think they went over board with new ratings and especially when they have pretty much admitted (in a round about way) that most of them do not factor into the game.

Some simplification and tweakin is in order, but I wonder if we will get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »