Home

When will EA add consecutive hit tackles?

This is a discussion on When will EA add consecutive hit tackles? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: When will EA add consecutive hit tackles?

It is not that EA doesn't have the tech, it is clearly that they do not have the will.

They may not have the tech, but as other games have demonstrated it can be done, it is a matter of the will to find a way or develop the tech or bring in help to achieve the desired results. EA, based on recent history, has no such will.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
It is not that EA doesn't have the tech, it is clearly that they do not have the will.

They may not have the tech, but as other games have demonstrated it can be done, it is a matter of the will to find a way or develop the tech or bring in help to achieve the desired results. EA, based on recent history, has no such will.
What are you talking about? EA always comes up with new technology...

Pro-Tak!!
GameFlow!!
Blocking shows up in play art!!
Locomotion!!

All of these are new "technologies."

Oh wait.. they are just new lines of code.. I've heard all four of these subjects referred to as "new technologies."

Apparently the new locomotion system was in FIFA.
GameFlow = It's what Ask Madden should have been based on.. not based on random plays.
Blocking showing up in play art.. It just shows who blocks what defensive player.. new technology? ._.
Pro-Tak.. what?

Why do they call it new technology? New technology is like the development of a new alloy to build things with.. or the development of new microchips for computers.. not new lines of code..
Old 05-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangkiki
What are you talking about? EA always comes up with new technology...

Pro-Tak!!
GameFlow!!
Blocking shows up in play art!!
Locomotion!!

All of these are new "technologies."

Oh wait.. they are just new lines of code.. I've heard all four of these subjects referred to as "new technologies."

Apparently the new locomotion system was in FIFA.
GameFlow = It's what Ask Madden should have been based on.. not based on random plays.
Blocking showing up in play art.. It just shows who blocks what defensive player.. new technology? ._.
Pro-Tak.. what?

Why do they call it new technology? New technology is like the development of a new alloy to build things with.. or the development of new microchips for computers.. not new lines of code..

If this is new Tech than why cant they add consecutive hit tackles. people in this thread please do not lose sight of the point of this thread n thats EA not having consecutive hit tackles. As of right now its official that gang tackles and 1 guy tackling a player when there 5 guys around is on Madden 11 which is horrible to hardcore fans.

N they call it New Tech because its an upgraded engine or engine they has added new framework thats it. Your right new tech is new micro for computers. Every year they use New tech as selling point
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25

CAN NOT BE DONE in this generation.....

Why? Who the Hell knows....

Maybe its the OUTDATED engine itself...IDK.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #13
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Does Backbreaker not have it?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

I thought pro-tak would finally introduce this, and while I think it's a huge step in terms of innovation, most of the "gang tackles" are just piles to stop momentum. I never see tackles of one defender stopping momentum, and the second defender making the tackle.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Yes it can. Was done a few years ago in fact. You'll see multiple instances in this video:

I think even 2K5 had better multi-player interactions. It's not only about the tackles - it's the way all players interact and how seamless the interaction occurs imo. The problem is what it's always been - Tiburon's approach. I think the reason Pro-Tak disappoints as much as it does is it's original focus seemed to be on how many [more] players they could get to interact on tackles than had been done previously. Thus all the "9+ players interacting at once" hype talk at first. Until people discovered it looked more like a rugby scrum than NFL football and they neutered the effect so it didn't occur as much. It was a good idea, a necessary improvement - but from a conceptual standpoint it seems totally misguided and poorly implemented. Or maybe implemented well because they thought rugby scrums/backs breaking out of 4 defender tackles looked good.

If they can ever get away from patting themselves on the back for doing things they're supposed to be doing, maybe they'll be able to concentrate on real innovation. I think the system of momentum they developed with the NCAA series (and PS2 Madden up until Madden '04, when they made a significant change) is what they should've been shooting for. And part of the reason why the series has never gotten back to it's top-dog status of last gen, even though they have zero competition.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #16
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
pro-tak was one of the selling points for EA last year and it barely even works. instead of 9 man gang tackles its a defender or two tackling the ball carrier while 6 other guys run over and fall down.
i agree with this, almost always the 3rd man in just dives and falls onto the ground.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »