Home

I wonder what would happen if we nitpicked m04 like m10

This is a discussion on I wonder what would happen if we nitpicked m04 like m10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #9
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: I wonder what would happen if we nitpicked m04 like m10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Who had the internet in 2004?
Point taken, but they have it today and it's still praised...
Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Good question. Backbreaker is coming out, and I haven't been critiquing it all that much, mainly because it's a brand new game, and I can't wrap my head around the control scheme + camera angle (which both worry me) enough to understand how it will play. Tecmo Bowl Throwback has a lot of problems, many of which are from the original game, so I let them slide as I expected some of them to be there (though the lack of a uniform editor, online playbook editor, and NT glitch not being fixed limit the fun of the game).

Madden on the other hand is the only NFL game out there. And as much as I like football, I really enjoy NFL football. As such, it's getting the lion's share of my attention now. Especially since I burned out on APF2K8 after 1500+ games online.

I'm pretty hard on any game I'm interested in once my expectations as well as my wants/desires of the game are set. Madden 10 pretty much delivered what I expected. I even gave Ian a thumbs up for delivering the best Madden overall this generation (some will disagree with that statement, but it's my view overall). I am a little concerned about Madden 11, but mostly because the one feature I was looking forward to hasn't even been hinted at (route based passing).

Beyond the game, I will say that I really like the Madden's team's interaction with the fans. I know, it's mostly hype, and I recognize it as such, but I enjoy it. The blogs, the chats, the guys on twitter. I enjoy hearing about the game from the guys that make it, and I enjoy the early look about what's to come. I don't always like what I hear, or agree with the direction, but I definitely give them kudos on the interaction. It's far better than any other gaming company I have personally experienced regardless of whether it's the sports genre or not.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #11
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

You obviously weren't around here in when Madden 2004 came out. That game was massacred on the boards.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #12
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
You obviously weren't around here in when Madden 2004 came out. That game was massacred on the boards.
As true as that statement may be, I certainly can't imagine it these days, Valderez I totally understand, You are one of the harsh critics that hasn't been banned yet, Something about simulation football is so rewarding and I guess when you do desire something so much it makes you nitpick more...Especially over petty stuff...sort of reminds me of my last relationship
Old 05-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

its funny cause people nitpick these games an just ignore all the problems that their *** football game had ... madden on the last gen systems ... the spin move felt like i was playing with barry sanders don't matter who i was using tho ... games like NFL 2k5 people praise that game but really i mean hike the ball an throw it deep to TO or Randy Moss an it was a completion no matter what ... M10 wasn't great but it was a step up from being about to run left with Right handed QB's an throwing it 50 yards down field like u could do on other games ...

Name a game Any game Sports game RGP etc ... theres problems with it ... plus how can someone say a games bad when u really only seen one trailer for it?... give the game time wait till it come out or wait till u play the game before u down talk it ...
Old 05-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:

I did. But it was dial-up, and one forum page took 20 minutes to load, lol....
Old 05-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Uhh, most people were on the internet in 2004.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #16
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

There would be other NFL games to play.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »