Home

What did you like about Madden 10?

This is a discussion on What did you like about Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2010, 03:40 AM   #17
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: What did you like about Madden 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
I liked the soundtrack and chris collinsworth enthusiasm.

I liked the player details.

I liked that stats were available.
Definitely a good array of stats of available, and I agree. Collinsworth has the chops to compete with the 2K Sports commentators. Give the guy another quality commentator and some better material, and EA will have a killer commentary team.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:52 AM   #18
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Im happy the imported draft class players from NCAA have actual faces now.Adds a lil more realisim to Franchise
Absolutely. This was the first year in Madden that I imported NCAA players and completed a season with them in the game. Definitely made the game feel more realistic and kept franchise fresh for another year.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:00 AM   #19
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealltogether
Without trying to get too personal, this thread is quite the refreshing topic compared to the broken record of unending complaints and comparisons to past games that flood this forum. I didn't know V was actually capable of providing positive reflections on a Madden game.
I have actually been limiting the topics I reply to in order to try to avoid that perception. Ahh well. I have several items I strongly believe in that I'm engaging in right now (route based passing, gameplan/gameflow), but when I brought up the Madden page today, I was really blown away with all the negative threads. I've only followed OS for a couple of years, but it's the first time I can remember going wow at the amount of negativity. This thread is simply an attempt to remind all of us that there are some positives in the game.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:05 AM   #20
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Thanks for the reply guys! I updated the main thread with items you listed that resonated with me personally in the game.

In the OP, I asked for folks to focus on the positives, and items they enjoyed in Madden. Yet there are still a couple of replies with complaints/negativity. There are hundreds of threads in the first 5 pages for that type of post, which goes directly against the intent of this thread. I humbly ask that you respect the intent of the thread and only reply with things you actually liked about the game and hope they continue to evolve to make it better. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2010, 04:21 AM   #21
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

I loved the music,(especially the NFL films genre)
I still play it.
I loved having Andre Johnson break the Alltime receiving yards record in a season against quality competition in the ACQB League!! That was priceless!!
http://www.operationsports.com/ANDRO...eiveracqb-m10/

I love how a dominant player such as a top notch linebacker or running back can take over a game.

I love how shut down corners are just that.....

I love Online Franchise, Its the best feature and is a blast to play when you play with mature grown ups that understand football and dont mind sharing info.

Last edited by ANDROMADA 1; 05-08-2010 at 04:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I like how you can tell the difference between a Aaron Rodgers and a Matt Flynn. Last night, playing the Packers vs the Rams, Bulger went out for the rest of the game early in the 1st quarter. Boller came in and I blitzed him like crazy. He ended up with 2 picks and 7 of 21 passing.

I like the improved pocket from years past. Notice I didn't say it was the best pocket.

I like the upgraded presentation efforts, even though it wasn't complete.

I like how certain RB's are beast. Against Steven Jackson, he ran all over the Packers in the first half. He had a 72 yd TD and ended up with 125 yds.

I did like the addition of gang tackling, but know it needs more attention.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #23
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I totally skipped past this thread until I saw who started it then I was like WTF? lol I can't say too much, I've been one of the "fighters" myself. Anyway, here's my list:

First and foremost, I loooooooove running the ball. In my franchise, I couldn't run the ball worth a crap and then I drafted a few O-linemen and picked up a couple more in FA and now my run game is off the chain.

I like the fact that when I improved my O-line(specifically for running so I focused on RBS and RBF alot) in franchise, my run game improved. Holes were a lot easier to see.

I like all the slider options. I'm in year 4 in my chise and I still haven't won the Superbowl because I've been using a tweaked version of Bill's Sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html . In fact, I haven't even been close. I just missed the playoffs last season with a 9-7 record. That let's me know that I've been building my team right, seeing that I had losing records my first 2 seasons. I feel like now I will have to actually build a good team to win the Superbowl.

I like the "on the fly" subs. I keep a 3 RB rotation, a big inside back, a fast outside back, and a tweener in case either of the first 2 get hurt. Even in head to head games, I have Bush, McFadden, and Fargas in rotation. Needless to say, I'm subbing a lot. The on the fly subs are great for this style of play.

I like the "normal" game speed. I really wish there was a speed in between normal and fast though. That would be perfect IMO. Still though, normal is good.

I like the stretched ratings. In fact, I think they should be stretched a little more. Let's use the whole scale. I can really tell the superstars from the role players.

I like the fact that we can adjust accelerated clock runoff. I can finally play 15 min qtrs in a reasonable amount of time. Now let's get that in there for 2min and under.

I like the stat tracking in franchise, other than the excessive 2000 yd RB's. For the first time ever, I think, my leading tacklers and sack artists are comparable to other teams leading tacklers and sack artist. In fact, Seymour led the NFL in sacks one year.

To add onto that, Richard Seymour was close to breaking Strahans sack record that season and a little stat popped up that said Seymour is 4 sacks away from breaking the single season sack record or something like that. I didn't break it because that was the last game of the season, but I thought it was cool that popped up.

Also, another first for for me, I like the salary cap % of increase in franchise. I actually had to start my franchise over because I had been playing like I used to do back in the day (I haven't played offline franchise on next gen until this year). I was releasing and trading players left and right( trying to purge Oakland of it's losers). I got to the offseason after year 2 and I had 49mil dollars in cap penalties and no money to resign my player or sign FA and draft picks. I was like Whoa. That never happened before. The sim in me really liked that.

I like the B.O.B. song "Created A Monster" and all of the NFL films music.
"Where you going? Out of spa-a-a-ace"

I think that's it for me.

Last edited by splff3000; 05-08-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I like the stretched ratings. In fact, I think they should be stretched a little more. Let's use the whole scale. I can really tell the superstars from the role players.

Absolutely. I used to painstakingly do this myself when starting a franchise to get the best stats I could. I'd lower speed ratings (and others) on a global scale and save it as a custom roster, start a franchise, sim a season, go back and adjust, and repeat. I spent many hours doing this. Unfortuantely, it was only good up until the influx of rookies with high skill ratings after a couple of seasons. But it made the first many games in franchise more enjoyable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »