Home

So, is Gameplan/Gameflow THE big feature for M11?

This is a discussion on So, is Gameplan/Gameflow THE big feature for M11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #9
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: So, is Gameplan/Gameflow THE big feature for M11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
This right here pretty much sums it up for me. I can't imagine implementing a feature like this and not working in package selection. I've never had a problem getting through my playbook efficiently, it's subbing guys in and out or moving them around: sliding a DE over to DT, bringing 4 DEs on the field, creating an unbalanced line, that's the stuff that i'd like to get through quicker.

"We've got 27 ways to add up to 11", is what Gregg Williams said in a post Super Bowl interview with Peter King. He went into that game with 27 personnel groupings... 27!!!

All I want is the tools to be a little more creative.

What he said. This is exactly what I want to hear the Madden team saying next year. 27 ways to add up to 11. This is what gameplan should have been.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSainn
Seriously, if you're not excited about gameplan then you have no clue how real football is coached/played. Gameplan is specifically for hardcore gamers. Finally we're able to prepare for a game ahead of time rather than trying to do so on the fly. Gameflow isn't so much and is more for the casual gamer but to just lump em together and say they're both for the casual gamer is pretty uninformed and/or just dumb.

What stopped you from gameplanning in the previous years? I always had a plan coming into the game. Gameplan simply limits you to 15 plays for a given situation. I have hardly ever had trouble finding a play within the time limit. If you have a gameplan, then you should know what play you're going to call as soon as the whistle blows. The problem is having any number of plays in your playbook that you will never use that you have to sift through. The solution is to bring back custom playbooks. That way you have an entire playbook customized to your liking. Gameplan does not add anything, it only limits what you can do.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #11
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Seriously how many threads do we need about people's opinion of game flow or game plan. But to answer the original question, I think they will annonce a bigger feature at or around E3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I hope they are improving Franchise..
Old 05-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Seriously how many threads do we need about people's opinion of game flow or game plan. But to answer the original question, I think they will annonce a bigger feature at or around E3.
yea i didnt really want it to turn into to a gameplan/gameflow thread
but i should have known it was coming with my little rant at the bottom of my 1st post
Old 05-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #14
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSainn
Seriously, if you're not excited about gameplan then you have no clue how real football is coached/played. Gameplan is specifically for hardcore gamers. Finally we're able to prepare for a game ahead of time rather than trying to do so on the fly. Gameflow isn't so much and is more for the casual gamer but to just lump em together and say they're both for the casual gamer is pretty uninformed and/or just dumb.
Im with you INSainn but save your virtual breathe on this one.People will debate you to no end about how terrible a feature they have yet to see in action is.

I think Gameplan/Gameflow are just the beginning of the new features.I think Madden 11 will have most of the new stuff in NCAA Football 11 and more.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #15
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badluck
yea i didnt really want it to turn into to a gameplan/gameflow thread
but i should have known it was coming with my little rant at the bottom of my 1st post
I didn't mean to call you out but it seems there is just a lot of posts about the negatives of game flow. Plus there hasn't been a ton of new info each week like last year, so people have longer to discuss each feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #16
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I am excited about gameplan/flow. If Madden make the same strides 07<08<09<10 every year is gettting better. with this I may not need in game saves.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »