Home

So, is Gameplan/Gameflow THE big feature for M11?

This is a discussion on So, is Gameplan/Gameflow THE big feature for M11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
So, is Gameplan/Gameflow THE big feature for M11?

Or do you expect something bigger and better, that is useful to all madden players instead of the casual madden player to come out

I dont care what they say about it being for hardcore gamers, i would have gained more respect for them if they said

"its probably not something our hardcore gamers will like but i think we can help the casual gamer"

dont spit on my cupcake and tell me its frosting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: So, is Gameplan/Gameflow THE big feature for M11?

Seriously, if you're not excited about gameplan then you have no clue how real football is coached/played. Gameplan is specifically for hardcore gamers. Finally we're able to prepare for a game ahead of time rather than trying to do so on the fly. Gameflow isn't so much and is more for the casual gamer but to just lump em together and say they're both for the casual gamer is pretty uninformed and/or just dumb.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

True, GamePlan is a well-intentioned, but ultimately incomplete feature designed for the sim-crowd. I'll use it to see what it's like, but its drawbacks (packages, locked-in situations, 6 situations for D) will probably mean it won't be replacing the old school style of calling plays for Hardcore gamers. Shame, because it's a great idea...maybe next year.

TO answer OP's question, there's no way this is the big feature...or maybe it is? I'm sure there will be more coming in the next few weeks leading up to EA, so I'm waiting to see what's in store...hopefully some mega-awesome franchise mode updates.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't think those drawbacks are big enough drawbacks though. To me, having to be able to sort through 350 plays in a 30 second window is a much bigger drawback and totally unrealistic.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm sure there is something else to be announced at E3. If I had to guess, I would say a complete online franchise with contracts, salary caps, cpu trade logic, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSainn
I don't think those drawbacks are big enough drawbacks though. To me, having to be able to sort through 350 plays in a 30 second window is a much bigger drawback and totally unrealistic.
I think it's not fair to call it "sorting through." I mean, most people know where plays are located after using a particular playbook for awhile.

That being said, I like the concept of GamePlan a lot, and think the idea behind it both simulates the process of NFL playcalling more realistically, and efficiently. Even so, not being able to use packages is a bit of a deal breaker for me and anyone else who attempts to simulate what you see on Sunday.

Personally, the ability to control who is on the field and where they line up is a more valuable sim featire than calling the plays like the coaches do. Therefore, I'll most likely be sticking to the old school style.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

^^^ I agree, especially on defense the lack of packages within the feature makes it totally useless. I move D. Ware around constantly on D. Left right OLB in 3-4, left or right DE in nickle, all over in the dollar/dime formations.

The idea of it is solid, but the limitations make it a "feature" which is not worth using for people like me who like to "mimic" what our favorite teams do with certain players. The Cowboys IRL move Ware all over their 3-4 formations and have him and Spencer switch when they want on nickle downs. "If its in the game..."
Old 05-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #8
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
Personally, the ability to control who is on the field and where they line up is a more valuable sim featire than calling the plays like the coaches do. Therefore, I'll most likely be sticking to the old school style.
This right here pretty much sums it up for me. I can't imagine implementing a feature like this and not working in package selection. I've never had a problem getting through my playbook efficiently, it's subbing guys in and out or moving them around: sliding a DE over to DT, bringing 4 DEs on the field, creating an unbalanced line, that's the stuff that i'd like to get through quicker.

"We've got 27 ways to add up to 11", is what Gregg Williams said in a post Super Bowl interview with Peter King. He went into that game with 27 personnel groupings... 27!!!

All I want is the tools to be a little more creative.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »