Home

Are u satisfied with the running animation?

This is a discussion on Are u satisfied with the running animation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the running animation shown in the Madden 11 videos?
Yes 25 22.32%
No 87 77.68%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #17
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Are u satisfied with the running animation?

Definately not happy. The animation that's bugging me the most is when in the open field and you slow up to maybe beat a defender your hb leans back and starts lifting his knees way up. Don't know why they have that in. Never seen it on Sunday.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Im happy that they are attempting to fix it but it is still nowhere near old gen Madden running physics. But I will take any improvement to the running physics at this time as this is one of my biggest issues with the game now...

Last edited by blitzkrieger; 05-09-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 11

I remember Ian talking about this last year saying that the Lead Animation guy was working on the running animation for a few days tuning it etc, building it up so that it would look great for release...

It looks absolutely terrible to me, one of the main things that ruins the real-life feel that I should feel (feel it in fifa, I never say "god that animation is crap" in that game :/ ). Saying that, I don't expect it to be fixed in Madden, for at least another console generation.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by briax87
...It looks absolutely terrible to me, one of the main things that ruins the real-life feel that I should feel (feel it in fifa, I never say "god that animation is crap" in that game :/ ). Saying that, I don't expect it to be fixed in Madden, for at least another console generation.
I hear ya and I also agree. I dont expect it to ever be as good as it once was with the current engine they are using..

Not holding my breath about Backbreaker but I wish EA was using that engine instead..
Old 05-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 8

Madden for the pc had the best running animations...why they can't duplicate that is beyond me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #22
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I think there should be a third option of either not sure yet or like what I see, but still not there yet....I think this year will have some progress (when we see more of the locomotion), but I think it still has some work left to be done...
Old 05-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #23

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

As of right now It looked better but, not by much imo(a little improvement). I'm guessing the running animation will look just about the same as when the game releases because, I don't think It will look to different.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 26

What I really want to say about Maddens animations period would cause discomfort for some. I don't know why some feel comfortable by what they see, it completely baffles me. Maddens running animations, transition animations are horrid.

Games that give a life like quality to their animations are

NBA 2k, MLB the Show, and EA's NHL game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »