Home

Are u satisfied with the running animation?

This is a discussion on Are u satisfied with the running animation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the running animation shown in the Madden 11 videos?
Yes 25 22.32%
No 87 77.68%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2010, 05:36 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: Are u satisfied with the running animation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
if you are talking about that Reggie Bush running animation sample, i would say no.. it looks freakin awful..

it just doesnt look natural at all. the cuts do not show proper weight distribution, and his knees are moving way too high..

am i surprised EA once again does not appear to get it right? not really.
i hope the final build is better, but i seriously doubt it will be.

hopefully i am wrong
This was one obvious problem last year, the year before, and the year before...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 3

No, they look horrid. Plus the fact that there seems to still be hundreds of collision issues making pretty much everything in the game pointless. I am still seeing one guy tackle while 5 guys fall over for no reason.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 8

The running animation could be better, I'd like to see more effort when players are running at full speed, but it's better that the running animations in Madden 10. Madden 10's running animations were horrible in my opinion. The strides were far too long, which made the players look like they were jogging down the field.

Also, I have yet to hear anything about deceleration. Olympic sprinters start to deccelerate, if I'm not mistaken, at about 60 meters into the 100 meter dash. Football players, while great atheletes, are not sprinters; they do not train for the 100 meter dash,Champ Bailey's and James Harrison know this first hand, so they should start to deccelerate a lot earlier than that; maybe after 40 yards for atheletes with a high stamina rating, and even sooner for atheletes with a not so high stamina rating.

We should not see a defensive player pick off a pass at his own five yard line, reach his top speed somewhere mid-field, then maintain that speed all the way to the end zone.

Last edited by PocketRocket; 05-12-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #44
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketRocket
The running animation could be better, I'd like to see more effort when players are running at full speed, but it's better that the running animations in Madden 10. Madden 10's running animations were horrible in my opinion. The strides were far too long, which made the players look like they were jogging down the field.

Also, I have yet to hear anything about decceleration. Olympic sprinters start to deccelerate, if I'm not mistaken, at about 60 meters into the 100 meter dash. Football players, while great atheletes, are not sprinters; they do not train for the 100 meter dash,Champ Bailey's and James Harrison know this first hand, so they should start to deccelerate a lot earlier than that; maybe after 40 yards for atheletes with a high stamina rating, and even sooner for atheletes with a not so high stamina rating.

We should not see a defensive player pick off a pass at his own five yard line, reach his top speed somewhere mid-field, then maintain that speed all the way to the end zone.
To be fair. 'Decelerate' has bad connotations. 100m runners maintain near topspeed for the rest of the way. But then again, those guys are superhuman.

Players do not get tired on 100yard runs in Madden, this needs to change. Fatigue is a huge factor at the end of run. Juking takes fatigue. Getting tackle takes fatigue. Spinning. Catching. Every action should add up to the fatigue level.

I doubt its fixed this year.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
To be fair. 'Decelerate' has bad connotations. 100m runners maintain near topspeed for the rest of the way. But then again, those guys are superhuman.

Players do not get tired on 100yard runs in Madden, this needs to change. Fatigue is a huge factor at the end of run. Juking takes fatigue. Getting tackle takes fatigue. Spinning. Catching. Every action should add up to the fatigue level.

I doubt its fixed this year.
World class sprinters don't maintain their top speed, or near their top speed, for the whole race. That's impossible; I don't care what they may or may not be taking, that's not possible. Sprinters accelerate to their top speed, maintain it for a period of time, and the start to decelerate. When you see a sprinter start to catch another sprinter, he's not increasing he speed: his speed is decreasing slower than the sprinter that he's catching up to. Sprinters accel at different phases at different levels. Some have great reaction time, others have great acceleration, others have superior top-end speed, and others are strong and decelerate slower than many other sprinters.

Many people are under the impression that world class sprinters, like Usain Bolt, could break, or come close to breaking, 4 seconds in the 40 yard dash. That's BS. Justin Gatlin, who was a former world record holder, worked out for NFL scouts. He ran the 40 in 4.49 seconds. If I'm not mistaken Tridon Holliday failed to break 4.3 in the 40 at the combine; he runs a 10.00 in the 100m. The start,acceleration and top end speed aren't the only factors in the 100m. Deceleration also plays a huge part.

http://speedendurance.com/2009/11/05...e-100m-sprint/

This should be taken into account with Madden. You should never see a LB,DE or DT maintain his speed all the way down the field. He should be dying at around the redzone or earlier. If a penalty was called, that nullified the pick, the defensive player who picked off the pass should not be available for the duration of the series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 10

I was excited when they said they fixed the running animation then I seen the video of it and I dont see how they spent all year working on it or fixing it its pure crap better then mario running but no fluid at all.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #47
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Running animation is fine. I don't think I've ever been concerned with such a thing in any video game.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #48
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
Unhappy Re: Are u satisfied with the running animation?

After watching the new blocking blog, I've just come to the conclusion, it is what it is. When Madden 10 was released, Ian said locomotion will be a big focus for Madden '11. If this is the best they can come up with, we just won't ever seen good running animations in Madden, atleast no time soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »