Home

Player bio and history info--player specific commentary

This is a discussion on Player bio and history info--player specific commentary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2010, 05:31 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Player bio and history info--player specific commentary

Some players in Madden 10 had player specific commentary.

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Tomlinson come to mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #26
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Some players in Madden 10 had player specific commentary.

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Tomlinson come to mind.
Yeah but not enough players. And too often we got the generic lines instead of the specific commentary.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 05-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLamb
Yeah, and things like 'Peyton Manning is not one of the most accurate QB's in the league, but...' (can't remember the exact lines but I've heard somethings like that)
I use the Tampa Bay Bucs alot and he always say Josh Freeman has struggled with his accuracy, the dude is a rookie. lol.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 12

They would need COMPLETE player history.

Otherwise, you might hear about a Peyton Manning that wasn't hasn't been to the Pro Bowl or won an MVP.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
OP:

" well he's really come a long way in this league, in his 10th year out of Iowa, drafted in round 2 of the 2000 draft. He's been to the pro bowl 6 out of 10 years. What an amazing player _____ turned out to be. I remember when he was coming out of college no one thought he would be an amazing player. Look at how many LB's that were taken before him in that draft that became busts (then a list pops up on the screen)."

My version:

..and (DeSean Jackson), the (3rd) year (WR) out of (California) has really come a long way since being taken in the (2nd round) of the (2008 NFL Draft). He already has (one Pro Bowl) under his belt, and is the (first person to make Pro Bowl at two different positions in the same year). A lot of people in the (Eagles) organization are expecting BIG things out of him this season.

I know it's a matter of wording, but I feel like that sounds slightly more natural in a commentary sense. Not hating on his post at all, but I feel as if wording is CRUCIAL to sounding fluid.

They used to have something similiar to this on the Tony Bruno show in older versions of Madden.......

Too bad they could never implement that type of stuff into the actual gameplay commentary

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #30
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
Seriously, I meant no harm by what I said...it was just a different take, using your idea and attempting to put it in what I feel Madden CAN do, because I don't believe we'll ever have the diverse commentary you, me and every other fan hopes for. Knocking on wood that I'm wrong though.

If the OP wasn't offended, how come some of you other people were? Jeez..It's a message board...you know, for talking..Sorry for doin' that.
Yeah i hear ya, man. Its weird that Madden games cant have this. Hell, I was playing nba live 07 the other day, and they gave some player specific commentary about dwight howard...about when he was drafted and all that. I just dont understand why it cant be in Madden since it is also an EA sports game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »