Home

5 years into Current Gen systems. Are you satisfied with what EA produced so far?

This is a discussion on 5 years into Current Gen systems. Are you satisfied with what EA produced so far? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2010, 02:36 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 5 years into Current Gen systems. Are you satisfied with what EA produced so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Gospel.
Good post.

Without that License, I dare say Madden would have been in Lives shoes 4 years ago.

They rid the world of the competition in 2005 ...and are still struggling to catch up with a lot of what the competition did.

At the rate they are going it will be 2020 before we catch back up to 2005.
Yeah, and 2030 before they match ESPN NFL 2k5's effort.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:40 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: 5 years into Current Gen systems. Are you satisfied with what EA produced so far?

Yes and no.

Yes---M10 was ALOT better, and finally a step in the right direction.

No-----As again, 2K5 did soooo much on sooooo less of a system. If EA had just followed their lead (Except for the whole ESPN presentation stuff due to the license thing) after the exclusive license was up, it would be far better today...

But, the prior team seemed to be focused on gimmicks and fluff rather than gameplay...
Old 05-13-2010, 02:48 AM   #51
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Yes and no.

Yes---M10 was ALOT better, and finally a step in the right direction.

No-----As again, 2K5 did soooo much on sooooo less of a system. If EA had just followed their lead (Except for the whole ESPN presentation stuff due to the license thing) after the exclusive license was up, it would be far better today...

But, the prior team seemed to be focused on gimmicks and fluff rather than gameplay...
Agreed, I think EA's late move in the development cycles were a little too late.

They wait until after 3 bad games were released, before they decided to replace the Madden dev team. I agree since Ian, and the rest of the guys have jumped on the project, they are moving the game back in the right direction. Problem is we've been burned 3 years prior and they are playing catch up and fix at a pace that is too slow for some consumers.

With a bad aspect and bad taste in a lot of consumers mind and mouth. The virus is loose on how bad this series has been. And the only antidote is for the new team, to really implement all that has been missing and in a hurry. Not 2 more games later.

Madden NFL 11, needs to be pushed to the max of everything and now. We got 2 more years in this generation consoles, they need to really push these consoles to their limits and show us what Madden NFL is made of and right now. No more flash, gimmicks, but pure actions and solutions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 04:25 AM   #52
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

I just think about all of the time that went into these games and why they're not better than what we have now. Madden is one project for a group of talented programmers to complete in about 7 or 8 months and to make things better its should be just a mod of last years game the way COD:WAW was a mod of COD4 with improvements. I play Madden almost never nowadays whereas I could have played and did play Madden on PS2 for multiple seasons in Franchise.

There are still glitches/hiccups in game play that make the game a mess and unenjoyable on higher difficulties. I'm waiting for dynamic coaching styles and schemes when I play better teams, not my line giving up on blocks before my ball carrier can even get to the line and defensive back breaking on the routes before my receiver. Madden 10 is better than what came out in the past, but in all actuality, WHAT FOOTBALL GAMES IN THE PAST 10 YEARS HAVE BEEN THAT BAD?

EA Tiburon's effort has been lackluster and the fact that there is no open testing phase to gauge interest and get feedback is absurd seeing as how the game is losing customers yearly. The consumers are telling company what they want and its being ignored.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:28 AM   #53
All Star

OVR: 33

I will never be satisfied!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:39 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 10

Thinking back when I just popped open my brand new PS2 with Madden 2001 and the feeling I got....................Still to this day I have not had that same feeling, which makes me sad cause they def. had the oppertunity to do so with the power of the xbox360/Ps3.

I think they really should of just ported over the version from the ps2/xbox and built around that. The re-coding just totally took what was all ready a good game and made it trash, set it back for a good 4-5 years. We are just now getting back to even where last gen left off, and we should have been well beyond this point IMHO. And to be 100% honest last gen still has a smoother feel to it, dont know how to exactly explain it other than the madden we play now feels robotic/jerky compared to the smooth feeling of the last gen maddens.

Graphic's this gen are AMAZING and are right up to par where I though/think Madden should be. There's no questioning that aspect of the game. Where Im really hurt is gameplay/animations/FRANCHISE. This to me still feels years behind old gen Maddens. Why are we so far behind in these aspects is a real brain bender to me. We are 5-6 years into a NEXT GEN system yet we cannot outdo a 5-6 year old games Gameplay/Animation/Franchise ?????

I have questions in my head like " Can they do it but they make more $$$ if they leave more out and add a little each year? " Business wise that makes the most sense cause there still selling millions anyways WHY MAKE THE PERFECT GAME.

"Are the guys who are passionate, being held back on there idea's to save for future Maddens?" "Is the coding too hard on these systems?"

I was never a big 2K Football fan but it is Insane how much they did in 2K5 (1 GAME in 1 year) And 5-6 years later Madden cant get that kinda passion/fundementals/love of the game of football into there games. It really kills me to think about it in a way because I do LOVE Madden so much and I want for it to be great. I dont care who u are , how much you bash, how much u talk up game X or Y......You gotta LOVE madden to be visiting a Madden board daily......and thats the TRUTH. We all are here in different ways wanting/craving for Madden to be great. Some show it negatively and some support the heck out of the game even when its clearly below average. WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING!

And to simply answer the question from the OP.....No we should not be satisfied with where we are up to now. Are we making strides YES (thanks to Ian & Co.) but we should not be even mentioning games 5-6 years ago in the same breath as a game now. When I popped in Madden 2001 in my PS2 there was not 1 single memory remembered of a PS1 Madden. That game cleaned the slate so to speak. I have a better feeling for the next , Next Gen system (xbox 720/Ps4???) Madden with the path of recovery taking place as we speak. As long as their direction stays on course that is.

Last edited by kmart2180; 05-13-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #55
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

NFL Head Coach 09 set the bar for offseason, Training Camp, Off the field during the season.

That game was everything I wanted in a Franchise mode for Madden along with additions (Practice Squad etc. etc.) Looman said where coming if they continued with the game.

I liked Madden 2010! They cleaned it up and fixed allot! Now I want NFL Head Coach 09 stuff in Madden! It's been a loooong wait, but the time is now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 07:11 AM   #56
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
NFL Head Coach 09 set the bar for offseason, Training Camp, Off the field during the season.

That game was everything I wanted in a Franchise mode for Madden along with additions (Practice Squad etc. etc.) Looman said where coming if they continued with the game.

I liked Madden 2010! They cleaned it up and fixed allot! Now I want NFL Head Coach 09 stuff in Madden! It's been a loooong wait, but the time is now!
I still like Head Coach 09...game was great. I spent almost 2 hours just on 1 game of the season. It's addicting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »