Home

Madden NFL 11 Blog: Run Blocking Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Blog: Run Blocking Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Madden NFL 11 Blog: Run Blocking Improvements

Sounds good. Hopefully it works that way.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #34
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
That's a concern I have. If the principles on D have not been hashed out, we could be looking at a running game in comparison to ESPN NFL 2k4.

I also would like to know what happens when you have two guys like Ngata and Cody up there on that line. If one blocker releases to the second level those guys should be able to throw the single blocker off and make the tackle. They should be very hard to move.

Exactly! Initially I was thinking wow, Haynesworth just got washed out of that power O play in the first vid but then I looked back at it and wasn't haynesworth, it was cornellius griffin.

I too want to know that if you had a guy like ngata or haynesworth, what would the outcome be. Can these guys be destructive or just pawns in the scheme of the running play. I'm very interested about this as well.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #35
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Like I said the the D looks like cover2 in every play to show the great run blocking. You're not gonna post videos of the defense blowing up the run in the backfield in a run blocking blog. We really need a defense blog to know both sides of the story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 12

I just hope they didn't make the defense slower to react or dumb in general to pull this off. It is way to early to tell, but I like that they are trying to do something about the O-line.

I think we will have a good idea of how this will work in a game when NCAA comes out. If it sucks on NCAA, then it is not a good sign...

Just have to wait and see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 05-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

Thank you senator palmer!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #38

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Best blog so far and I seen the the running back put the hand up on the lineman's back FINALLY(thank you devs). Hopefully when you run straight up on the lineman they still have another animation to have him pushing off and trying to get around the guy and not get stuck trying to run threw him. Also for some reason I can't shake the feeling that the really fast players seem TOOOO slow. When I watched Sproles explode and break out into the open field I get that feeling like WOW he is fast....yeah, I didn't get that watching that video.

I also hope this isn't to powerful and the most important thing is that this is CONSISTENT. If the blocking logic is consistent the blocking will be very good and If not then It'll be just as bad as 10'.

Can any of the community day guys tell me If the fast players felt to slow when using the analog stick and not the acceleration button?
Old 05-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 26

I wonder how many takes did it take to make these videos....LOL, No it looks good. Again with my mantra on Madden, Show me these things with the games goes beta and when it ships. I have a hard time accepting anything in their blogs.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #40
Rookie

Morning Thunder's Arena

OVR: 2

Looks good, if you are worried about defense then watch the safeties. The are in cover 2 backpedaling off the snap. Looks like you are going to have to actually try to stop the run this year. Which will make this game that more of a chess match.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »