Home

Madden NFL 11 Blog: Run Blocking Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Blog: Run Blocking Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #65
Strategy

OVR: 36
nice - that looks good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #66
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17
I'm on blackberry too, I can't wait to get see this in action.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #67
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 11 Blog: Run Blocking Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
They probably changed his position to DE in the game since the Skins will probably use him that way in their 3-4. And then they probably just chose a random D playbook with 43 and he's stuck there at DE. Same thing happens for Ngata in Madden 10. Because he's listed at RDE he's always the DE in the 43 by default unless you sub.
:-(

Just reminded me of the lack of pause-menu-formation-subs. Fuuuuuuuuuuudge!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #68
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I think the blocking improvements look nice. I'm not too worried about the defensive side of the ball, as far as this is concerned, because I think, if run blocking is too powerful, we can fix it by adjusting sliders.

I am worried about the defensive side of the ball in general though. From what I can tell, everything that has been mentioned so far, besides locomotion, has been heavily favored toward the offensive side of the ball. I haven't heard one peep about defensive improvements. It seems like every blog that comes out as something new and shiny for the offense. I hope this doesn't turn into Madden 04 again where, in general, the offense overpowered the defense tremendously. Right now, that's where it looks like we're headed.

As far as the blog is concerned, I'm guessing that they're playing on rookie or pro. There's no way the D is reacting that slow on All Pro or All Madden. It would make sense for them to do that so they can show off what they've done.

What I would really like to have seen was 1 vid showing the play against a weak D line and 1 vid showing the play against a dominant D line so we could see the difference a dominant D line makes. Still though, it looks nice.

For those saying that they don't trust the blogs this year, I was right there with you, but I've noticed something this year about the blogs. Most of the vids shown this year, are in game. It's not just one or two players, but it's a full 22 players on the field. That's why I'm not as skeptical as I was before about these blogs now. When I see it in game, I guess I feel reassured that it'll be in since I've seen it in game already.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #69
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

A hate to be a doubting Thomas, but why no vid of running against a 3-4 D?

Old 05-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #70
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
:-(

Just reminded me of the lack of pause-menu-formation-subs. Fuuuuuuuuuuudge!
Did they not get these in? I know NCAA said they have them. Sucks if they didn't, I was looking forward to actually not having my 4th string WR on my kickoff team.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #71
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
A hate to be a doubting Thomas, but why no vid of running against a 3-4 D?
To add on to that, what happens if I manually move my LB's around, like so many people like to do online. What if, instead of my LB's lining up like they normally would in a 4-3, I move all 3 LB's into the gaps between the D linemen? Will the O-line still double team and leave my LB free to roam around(which I think will happen) or will the O-line adjust and try to block my LB's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

To echo what others have stated. I'm afraid this is going to make the run game overpowered this year. Reach tackles are an absolute must if my D players are going to be trapped in blocks.

I noticed a couple of instances where the RB ran past in proximity where a reach could have slowed him down, but the reach didn't happen.

Additionally, can the double team block be beaten by good D players? Are there correct animations implemented? What are the percentages of a double team block being beaten? Will the ratings actually dictate this?

Last edited by TheCreep; 05-12-2010 at 05:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »