Home

"Not Open for Trade talks!". . .

This is a discussion on "Not Open for Trade talks!". . . within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should Madden 11 make certain players unavailable to trades?
Yes 36 53.73%
No 31 46.27%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2010, 03:20 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: "Not Open for Trade talks!". . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
I don't think that's true. I think they'll listen, I just think they'll say no at the end. I'm saying it shouldn't be impossible, just a ton harder to get a star. Like if I'm Green Bay and I offer Indy Aaron Rodgers + 4 first round draft picks, they should move Manning. Not for like Ryan Grant, and a couple 1's.
Teams go through endless first rounders to find players like Manning,when their in their prime you hold on and don't let go. That being said the kind of trade your talking about is pretty much what it would take. It's also unrealistic, no one would offer that much ( at least I don't think a teams ever traded 4 first rounders and a star player for someone?). But I guess in madden if you were willing to offer that much it should be possible.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:53 AM   #18
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Teams go through endless first rounders to find players like Manning,when their in their prime you hold on and don't let go. That being said the kind of trade your talking about is pretty much what it would take. It's also unrealistic, no one would offer that much ( at least I don't think a teams ever traded 4 first rounders and a star player for someone?). But I guess in madden if you were willing to offer that much it should be possible.
the ricky williams trade (8 draft picks) was a pretty big one, cant think of any others that big.

i hope madden really revamps offline franchise. i want to be able to offer future picks(different thread i know), but i also want to be able to offer more than 3 players/picks in one trade. this would be a step towards making it harder/more costly to trade for a Peyton Manning or Adrian Peterson.

i dont think it should be impossible to trade for either of them, or any player in their 90s. lots go into things such as character, how the team value players. take Santonio Holmes and Brandon Marshall for example. in M10 we wouldnt be able to get either for only a 1st round pick. Holmes went for a 5th and Marshall went for 2010 and 2011 second round picks. those are 2 trades we would not be able to make for many reasons, but because teams value chemistry/ leadership, more than they do overall ratings, i think it is more complicated than we think when just making some untradeable.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:14 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
the ricky williams trade (8 draft picks) was a pretty big one, cant think of any others that big.

i hope madden really revamps offline franchise. i want to be able to offer future picks(different thread i know), but i also want to be able to offer more than 3 players/picks in one trade. this would be a step towards making it harder/more costly to trade for a Peyton Manning or Adrian Peterson.

i dont think it should be impossible to trade for either of them, or any player in their 90s. lots go into things such as character, how the team value players. take Santonio Holmes and Brandon Marshall for example. in M10 we wouldnt be able to get either for only a 1st round pick. Holmes went for a 5th and Marshall went for 2010 and 2011 second round picks. those are 2 trades we would not be able to make for many reasons, but because teams value chemistry/ leadership, more than they do overall ratings, i think it is more complicated than we think when just making some untradeable.
That was a trade up to draft Ricky Williams, not a trade for an already established hall of fame QB in his prime- not really the same thing. It didn't involve 4 first round draft picks; though your right it was a crazy amount of picks in general-- Which is why it stands out so much, very unusual. I'm not thinking players in there 90's- I would say 98% of players are available for a price - I just think there's a handful that, during their prime, are priceless.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:31 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 13
Icon12 Re: "Not Open for Trade talks!". . .

This was actually in a PS2 Madden. Players that the CPU "determined" were central to their franchise were shaded in bright yellow on trade screens and no matter what you offered or how green the meter went they would not accept the deal.

I think it would be a great option for franchise mode!

While I understand the people who are saying just limit yourself - I play in some "multi-user" franchises and it would be a welcome addition for me as a "commish" because it would limit some discussions.

I am also in favor of a "trade difficulty" slider that would impact the CPU's perceived value of your offers - basically if you turn to most difficult the CPU would "see" your picks/players as less valuable than they are and their own players/picks as more valuable than they are.

Both options would make my life as the "commish" so much easier. I could open up trading to "free-for-all" but turn on the "franchise player not available" and max out the difficulty slider and therefor not have to examine and approve or veto any trades with the CPU. Then I only have to worry about HUM to HUM trades being acceptable to all users. - Evidently being an idiot is a crime in "multi-user" franchises!
Old 05-14-2010, 07:06 AM   #21
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
It would have to be done right. I still want things like:

Farve trade
Cutler Trade
McNabb trade
Russell release
etc.

Things do happen to apparent franchise QBs. It should happen in madden.
This is the reason why its not possible. You can't possibly predict who is and who is not tradeable.

Clinton Portis and Champ Bailey trade years ago is another example that could be added to that list. Marshall Faulk was traded when he was at the top of his game. Asomugha is a 99OVR in Madden and a team captain and almost got traded this offseason too.

Head Coach 09 had some pretty good trade value AI though. Sometimes it was actually too hard on users to make a trade. Instead of making Donny or someone determine who is tradeable and who isn't for M11 they need to focus on making the trade AI better and include a risk that trade talks will get broken off if one side just keeps lowballing until the trade meter reaches high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #22

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
Don't GM's listen to pretty much any offer in real life, though? They should just make it harder to get those players. Like, I should have to give up a couple 1's and a good player to get someone really great.
This....

I say don't restrict the players altogether, just make it next to impossible to put together a good offer for a superstar player.

To trade for Willis, I should have to trade a franchise player at one position, a 1st, and a 2nd. It would also be great if EA could implement a way to trade away future picks.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #23
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
I am also in favor of a "trade difficulty" slider that would impact the CPU's perceived value of your offers - basically if you turn to most difficult the CPU would "see" your picks/players as less valuable than they are and their own players/picks as more valuable than they are.
A slider would be great. But again its just a sign that they need to really work on the trade AI. I mean it has been known for years that the cpu overvalues HUM draft picks in comparison to their own. Why has it been possible to start the season 6-0 then at the trade deadline look at the standings and make offers to the winless teams for a 1st and 3rd in exchange for your own 1st?! This has been possible for years.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:47 AM   #24
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

As long as it's optional. When I created my fictional Texas Longhorns franchise, I traded for a lot of star players like Romo, Whitten, and so forth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »