Home

Do you miss the developer interaction that we had from last year?

This is a discussion on Do you miss the developer interaction that we had from last year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #41
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Do you miss the developer interaction that we had from last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Too me hype for EA titles is a terrible thing, they almost never deliver.. Betterto set expectations low and be surprised IMO
Agreed. Sandbag FTW!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #42
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

i don't miss the DEV interaction because we shouldn't need any dev interaction at this point.

I am just gonna leave it at that, because I really don't need any more infractions here.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

I wasn't around last year, so I can't speak from experience, but I think there are two reasons for developers to be active in the community. Reason number one is listening to people's wishes. From reading through forum topics they can already make out what is wrong with a game and what people need added to it. I really think they still read whatever is being posted, they just don't react to it, since every reaction can trigger a negative response and that's just not necessary. They can get all their information from just reading the forums. They don't necessarily need to comment on wishes.

Second reason would be to give feedback. Whenever news drops about features, blogs, videos or whatever, questions are being raised. These questions however are mostly the same questions asked by different people in different ways. Often a chat session will be enough to answer the most important questions. In case some questions aren't answered to satisfaction, there's always Twitter to comment on certain subjects.

That being said, I don't think they have disappeared from the community. I just think they got tired of answering the same questions while maintaining political correctness. As a developer interacting with a community you're representing a billion dollar company. You are expected to behave in a certain way. Message Boards are not the place to do that, because everyone on there has an opinion and thinks he/she can say whatever he/she wants. The combination just doesn't work. Twitter is a much better medium, it can be perceived as very short, quick press releases.

Lastly, I'm very new here, so I probably shouldn't even touch on the subject. It's just the way I see it from the 'outside'.

Last edited by ceroik; 05-15-2010 at 09:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »