Home

Walking to the Line of Scrimmage - Animation

This is a discussion on Walking to the Line of Scrimmage - Animation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Walking to the Line of Scrimmage - Animation

I noticed that NCAA football 11 has fixed this animation a little bit and also Nfl 2k5's animation looked very nice. But anyways. . In Madden (even in a madden 11 video) the Players still do like this warp to the line of scrimmage. . And also every move that the qb makes (when changing plays) is very choppy and robotic. . and when a player goes in motion it is a very robotic run as well. . I just hope Madden 11 plans on changing this because it's an animation that we are going to see a million times a game (slight exaggeration).

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Walking to the Line of Scrimmage - Animation

I remember back in the day, over 10 years ago seeing a video where the QB walked to the los and did movements presnap and was "blown away" [becasue I was still a kid, 25 now.] Today though, I agree it could be better. I actually am disapointed that Madden 09's pre snap was presented better. Actual QB voices, or at least people who imitated the real QB voices [what ever the case is] thati s no longer the case in Madden 10 and that they often say the same thing over and over again. Big Ben just says "Ohio" every time he makes a change, and generics same something else over and over again [I forget what off hand.] I don't expect them to say something different for each audible in the game, however, I don't want ot hear he same thing ever time I audible and hot route and reset the play, etc. The same key words can't be used for everything, common.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 27

I'm just happy Madden has the QB walk-up at all (and it's good to see NCAA doing it, too). It certainly didn't seem like they were going to do it if it weren't for all the lobbying.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygoody
I noticed that NCAA football 11 has fixed this animation a little bit and also Nfl 2k5's animation looked very nice. But anyways. . In Madden (even in a madden 11 video) the Players still do like this warp to the line of scrimmage. . And also every move that the qb makes (when changing plays) is very choppy and robotic. . and when a player goes in motion it is a very robotic run as well. . I just hope Madden 11 plans on changing this because it's an animation that we are going to see a million times a game (slight exaggeration).
Ah! As trivial as this seems, this is an area where I previously liked to nitpick .

I'm not certain what you're referring to when you say the players warp. The only thing I can think of is the WRs getting in stance and how they still slide into place (at least in M10). Overall, I think they've improved this area the past 2 years. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm very thankful that TheWatcher and I were invited down for the M10 CD. 'Cause if we weren't, I fear the offense would still be collectively jogging to the line. Not b/c others are incapable of point this stuff out, but because most could care less.

That said, I'm not sure how polished it will be in M11 until some newer vids come out. But speaking from a M10 perspective, they could still use some more variety in pre-play animations. For the most part, aside from some different camera angles, the animations are identical for each and every play. In 2K5, we would see some variety from the QB: sometimes he would appear to adjust his knee pads and other times he would stand tall and survey the field before he settled under center.

A wee bit of variety in animations would go along way in Madden. Have the QB point out the Mike or whatever as they do in IRL. Little stuff like that sells the presentation to the audience.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Ah! As trivial as this seems, this is an area where I previously liked to nitpick .

I'm not certain what you're referring to when you say the players warp. The only thing I can think of is the WRs getting in stance and how they still slide into place (at least in M10). Overall, I think they've improved this area the past 2 years. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm very thankful that TheWatcher and I were invited down for the M10 CD. 'Cause if we weren't, I fear the offense would still be collectively jogging to the line. Not b/c others are incapable of point this stuff out, but because most could care less.

That said, I'm not sure how polished it will be in M11 until some newer vids come out. But speaking from a M10 perspective, they could still use some more variety in pre-play animations. For the most part, aside from some different camera angles, the animations are identical for each and every play. In 2K5, we would see some variety from the QB: sometimes he would appear to adjust his knee pads and other times he would stand tall and survey the field before he settled under center.

A wee bit of variety in animations would go along way in Madden. Have the QB point out the Mike or whatever as they do in IRL. Little stuff like that sells the presentation to the audience.

lol well im just glad that somebody pointed it out to them. . I hate the way it looks right now and its the first thing you see before every play. . So hopefully you and the watcher were able to change this

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2010, 01:38 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

Dam. In my highschool team, coaches were all crazy about jogging to the line!!

Being a receiver or running back, I was super annoyed coz they don't do this in the NFL lol.

In highschool: 'If you're not jogging! You're not trying'.

In NFL : 'If you're jogging, you look like an idiot!"
Old 05-15-2010, 02:10 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 51

Well this is a minor thing, but its just one more thing that needs to be added/fixed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »