Home

I hope IAN and the team has given up on Madden this gen.

This is a discussion on I hope IAN and the team has given up on Madden this gen. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #9
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: I hope IAN and the team has given up on Madden this gen.

The 10 ton gorilla in the room has always been the engine. EA will tell you that making a new one is impossible due to short development turnover. But you know what? That didn't seem to be an issue between Madden 05/06. They managed to released last gen Madden and current gen madden while making a new engine in the process.

Seems to me the answer is simple. Hire a separate team to work on an engine. They have the money and the resources. They could easily get that done but they don't want to.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
The question I have is would the Madden series be better off if the design was just handed over to another studio?
After Visual Concepts screwed up Madden '96 (which never released) EA dumped VC and hired Tiburon.

I just couldn't see that same thing happening again unless Tiburon blew everything and missed the deadlines. Even then I think EA would still work something out with them.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
The 10 ton gorilla in the room has always been the engine. EA will tell you that making a new one is impossible due to short development turnover. But you know what? That didn't seem to be an issue between Madden 05/06. They managed to released last gen Madden and current gen madden while making a new engine in the process.

Seems to me the answer is simple. Hire a separate team to work on an engine. They have the money and the resources. They could easily get that done but they don't want to.
I'm not sure how that would turn out. You'd just be going back into the unknown. I don't believe they are going to write everything totally new for the next generation (XBOX 720, PS4) because of what just happened with this generation. I think they will either continue to build on and fix what they started this gen, or pull a shocker by going back to last generation and attempting to translate from that code. In a way, I don't think the shocker route would be a bad idea, it almost seems better than building on what they have now. After all, things seemed to work better last generation and Madden gamers were certainly much happier than they are now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari

This what I am saying, they can still work on new technology (a new engine) or use the Euphoria technology before the next gen systems come out. All the hardware for is processing and graphics.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #13
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
Its a sacrifice for the greater good. People yall need to accept that Madden is not going to be what we thought it would be this gen, cause anything you have ever wanted in Madden (as far as game play), if its not in the game yet, then it wont be, cause they cant do it with their current engine. So with that being said, I think they should just continue giving us gimmicks and roster updates every year, while they work on the next gen Madden. Cause it takes time to learn how to get the most out of new technology (assuming they are going to use new tech). So hopefully that is what they are doing already, and we can get a jaw dropping Madden game in 2013 or 14 kinda like how it was when Madden 2001 came out. Agree?
Lol?

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 32

This thread will be locked soon...ENJOY
Old 05-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
After Visual Concepts screwed up Madden '96 (which never released) EA dumped VC and hired Tiburon.

I just couldn't see that same thing happening again unless Tiburon blew everything and missed the deadlines. Even then I think EA would still work something out with them.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't VC do 2K5? That name sounds really familiar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2010, 10:12 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrinity
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't VC do 2K5? That name sounds really familiar.
Yes, they did.

Sega brought them in to work on Sega's sports games for the Dreamcast since EA didn't support the console.

Sega sold VC to Take-Two not long after 2k5 came out. 2k5 was released under T2's Global Star Software, that's where the $20 price point came from.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »