Home

WHERE IS PRO-TAK ?

This is a discussion on WHERE IS PRO-TAK ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #17
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: WHERE IS PRO-TAK ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
Did you watch the vid at all and listen to what Russ (Ncaa developer was saying) that pro-tak was improved and happens at more appropriate time, and there fore it doesn't happens as often. Through out that whole demo in that vid, i only saw one pro-tak. And looked tuned and pretty good.

ask yourself with madden being their flag ship sports title in the US would they take this out of Madden but apply it to NCAA.
But look at all the Madden videos and see when one guy engages the ball-carrier EVERYONE other defender around just falls down around them? Every single time.. It's like the two engaged in the tackle have a force field around them propelling everyone else off and into the ground
Old 05-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Pro-Tak is very much gone and I for one am not happy about it. Saying that it was turned off in the videos to show locomotion is hard to believe. Remember when they said they had locomotion in last year but had to get rid of it? I'm thinking it's because pro-tak and locomotion can't co-exist together.

BUT, there is always another side to the argument. NCAA says they added pro-tak yet I see it in none of there videos either. So MAYBE the people saying it's off to show locomotion is a possibility even though it sounds completely ridiculous. It's a wait and see situation, period.
Exactly. People make it sound like its just a switch that turns off and on with ease. (Maybe but I am not a programmer)

Completely dont understand turning off coding to show another aspect of coding. Either all of it works together or its pointless.

EDIT: I did not watch the video because like I said. I do not care about NCAA...at all. Does IAN work on NCAA? If not than I dont care. That is a completely different team with different goals.

Quote:
But look at all the Madden videos and see when one guy engages the ball-carrier EVERYONE other defender around just falls down around them? Every single time.. It's like the two engaged in the tackle have a force field around them propelling everyone else off and into the ground
Exactly, I really think you guys are simplifying seeing what you want to see. The clips clearly show multiple people running up to the ball carrier and then sliding off and falling down. How in the hell is that not a "appropriate pr tak moment?"

My question now is what is a appropriate pro tak moment?

Last edited by Soodmeg; 05-16-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #19
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Maybe at that point of the video, they were still implementing features and the pro-tak was broken or not tuned, but my point is there's no way pro-tak would be out. And there is also no way it would be less stellar then what's in Ncaa 11.

To that poster that needed to see pro-tak in the game (must see). If it's not in Madden 11, I will buy you a copy I promise. I'm that sure of it. And i'm a man of my word. (I get all EA games for $20) it won't break my bank. And before you guys start speculating that i work for EA and i'm defending it. Not true, I simply get a PD and Fire discount from EA. They are good to us.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #20
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soodmeg
Exactly. People make it sound like its just a switch that turns off and on with ease. (Maybe but I am not a programmer)

Completely dont understand turning off coding to show another aspect of coding. Either all of it works together or its pointless.
They might do it to Highlight the new feature ( to make locomotion standout more that it would with pro-tak enabled).
Old 05-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
They might do it to Highlight the new feature ( to make locomotion standout more that it would with pro-tak enabled).
what i said^^ ... but all that matters to them is that they haven't seen it ... YET ... i guess so tho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 3

Well the problem is...its not enough for me to simply see pro tak.

I want to see Pro Tak WORKING with Locomotion. Well...to be honest I really dont care about locomotion that much you can add as many junkes and spins as you want but if the tackling cant handle it then its pointless. I just want to see pro tak work.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #23
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soodmeg

EDIT: I did not watch the video because like I said. I do not care about NCAA...at all. Does IAN work on NCAA? If not than I dont care. That is a completely different team with different goals.

Exactly, I really think you guys are simplifying seeing what you want to see. The clips clearly show multiple people running up to the ball carrier and then sliding off and falling down. How in the hell is that not a "appropriate pr tak moment?"

My question now is what is a appropriate pro tak moment?
Nevermind you're right and I'm wrong. We'll agree to disagree. Have a good day

Old 05-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #24
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
But wouldn't locomotion look even BETTER with Pro-Tak enabled? I would think so.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »