Home

WHERE IS PRO-TAK ?

This is a discussion on WHERE IS PRO-TAK ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #41
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: WHERE IS PRO-TAK ?

Yeah. Pro-tak was meant to be a multi-year project from the outset last year.

I'm sure they didn't neglect it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2010, 11:14 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soodmeg
Well, I just give up because apparetnely Gosens6 and myself are the only ones on the same page with our concern.

Let me try this analogy and then I am done.

Lets say the Lions spent this entire year saying that Stafford was the QB of the future. He has revolutionized QB position in a way that no other QB has. Detroit has spent most of the resources on the development of Stafford the entire year.

Now wouldnt it be strange that every single Lions practice, interview, blog, was oddly missing him? The face of the franchise? Not even mentioned during the entire off season leading up to the first game? Only mentioned in passing like an after thought...while you show off Suh?

Ian said that Pro Tak has revolutionized football gaming. It is the future of madden and the the most innovative thing that have done with the franchise thus far. (All of these things are his words not mine) It is EXTREMELY odd that its missing in every video. You have to admit that. If its that great and you believe in it that much its almost insane to not hide it away like a step son. Pro Tak should be on every single thing that they do.

If its so great how come you had to take it out/off/turn it down whatever to show off something else? It makes no sense at all. It automatically makes me wonder if Locomotion and Pro Tak have a problem working together.

EDIT for some reason I typed Rams instead of Lions half way through that.
I can't believe no one else in this thread thinks that Pro-Tak is not realistic.. At least once a game, the Pro-Tak animation is triggered. They look exactly the same.. there's only one or two animations that appear when a Pro-Tak is broken. How often do you see career highlight runs happening in the NFL? Not every game.. but in Madden, you always see RBs breaking crazy tackles, even if the strength/momentum.. aka physics is all wrong.. A small RB will overpower 3 defensive lineman.. I am very doubtful that Pro-Tak is based on strength.

They shouldn't have named something so basic [tackling..] as a selling term.. They could just say that they've created "two-hit" tackling or "a realistic tackling system".. "Previously, when a tackle animation was triggered, only one defensive player could engage the ball carrier, now anyone can make the tackle and push the pile.."

I understand why they named it.. but why should they have to come up with a new "technology" [lol @ technology, aka new code] if two-hit tackling/pile ups are such a HUGE part in the NFL.. There are a LOT of tackles in a game.. they happen every game obviously.. but I would think this would be something on their slate the very first time they made a Madden game.

Is Pro-Tak a technology? I just think it's new lines of code that allow players to engage a certain player in 9 different sections of the said player.

I feel like the Euphoria system is a new technology.. Everything is dynamic when it comes to tackling.. They put years of work into it..
Old 05-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Wow, I didn't know that?

Pro-tak is gone?

Link please.

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:42 PM   #44
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangkiki
I can't believe no one else in this thread thinks that Pro-Tak is not realistic.. At least once a game, the Pro-Tak animation is triggered. They look exactly the same.. there's only one or two animations that appear when a Pro-Tak is broken. How often do you see career highlight runs happening in the NFL? Not every game.. but in Madden, you always see RBs breaking crazy tackles, even if the strength/momentum.. aka physics is all wrong.. A small RB will overpower 3 defensive lineman.. I am very doubtful that Pro-Tak is based on strength.

They shouldn't have named something so basic [tackling..] as a selling term.. They could just say that they've created "two-hit" tackling or "a realistic tackling system".. "Previously, when a tackle animation was triggered, only one defensive player could engage the ball carrier, now anyone can make the tackle and push the pile.."

I understand why they named it.. but why should they have to come up with a new "technology" [lol @ technology, aka new code] if two-hit tackling/pile ups are such a HUGE part in the NFL.. There are a LOT of tackles in a game.. they happen every game obviously.. but I would think this would be something on their slate the very first time they made a Madden game.

Is Pro-Tak a technology? I just think it's new lines of code that allow players to engage a certain player in 9 different sections of the said player.

I feel like the Euphoria system is a new technology.. Everything is dynamic when it comes to tackling.. They put years of work into it..
Pro-tak is triggered in every single play. Maybe you don't understand what it is?
Old 05-17-2010, 12:11 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 28

Where is the improvement on this so-called enhanced feature? Also, where is the improvement on the adaptive AI they tried to sell us last year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2010, 12:57 AM   #46
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Man,some of you guys are brutal! I see why Ian sticks to tweeting.LOL

I understand the reflex with Madden to question what your told and only go by what you see but come on.Doesnt Ian and his team deserve a little good will for their effort on Madden 10?If they didnt release any video till the features were tuned,some people would wonder what are they trying to hide.

NCAA 11 seems to be a planned bellwether for Madden 11,to be like a dog whistle for hardcore Madden fans.Im pretty confident about pro-tak/locomotion working in Madden 11 since it looks ready in NCAA 11.Maybe its just me but these devs seem to do little things to signal to hardcore gamers that they "get it".They cant just come out and say "hey guys,we are working to get Madden right but it will not be perfected til Madden 12".That might be honest but it would probably get them replaced.

So instead they began as many foundational changes as possible and continue to build on them.None of these features independently make great strides in football gaming.However,when looked at collectively,they give me the impression these devs have a "big picture" vision for Madden.

Just about all the problems people had with next-gen Madden,Ian and crew began to address in Madden 10.They at least deserve the benefit of the doubt for Madden 11,IMO.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:25 AM   #47
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
????? Man can people be more mature on this board, and logically think or not jump the gun. What is happening to OS with all these new users. Come on guys we are suppose to be mature gamers

You do realize that pro-tak is in Ncaa football 11, and so is locomotion and catch debugging tool. There fore it's in madden 11 you just haven't seen it.

Evidence video that shows off pro tak in NCAA 11. At about the 8:15 mark
Not sure how long their blocking was at the time of this video, but if you watch the twin toss to the right at roughly the 5:01 mark (give or take 10 seconds), the FB runs into the back of the Guard that's pulling because the guy he was blocking was above the block the Guard made. Instead of running with the HB, the tries to go up, and gets stuck on the back of the Guard. If the pathing, which has been a problem for years, hasn't been fixed, then the fact that they have a designated block, won't matter near as much.

BTW - that ProTak tackle at the 8:15 mark looked far better than what we saw in Madden 10. They fell down far faster after multiple players grabbed on. Gave the appearance of momentum in play as more players piled on.

Last edited by Valdarez; 05-17-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:33 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
Man,some of you guys are brutal! I see why Ian sticks to tweeting.LOL

I understand the reflex with Madden to question what your told and only go by what you see but come on.Doesnt Ian and his team deserve a little good will for their effort on Madden 10?If they didnt release any video till the features were tuned,some people would wonder what are they trying to hide.

NCAA 11 seems to be a planned bellwether for Madden 11,to be like a dog whistle for hardcore Madden fans.Im pretty confident about pro-tak/locomotion working in Madden 11 since it looks ready in NCAA 11.Maybe its just me but these devs seem to do little things to signal to hardcore gamers that they "get it".They cant just come out and say "hey guys,we are working to get Madden right but it will not be perfected til Madden 12".That might be honest but it would probably get them replaced.

So instead they began as many foundational changes as possible and continue to build on them.None of these features independently make great strides in football gaming.However,when looked at collectively,they give me the impression these devs have a "big picture" vision for Madden.

Just about all the problems people had with next-gen Madden,Ian and crew began to address in Madden 10.They at least deserve the benefit of the doubt for Madden 11,IMO.
You must have gotten a totally different Madden 2010 build from the one I got. Mine was just mediocre. I also agree with some that the lack of protak talk only shows it was just a term used to impress. Its yesterdays news, now the new hot catchy word is locomotion baby!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »