Home

Will it ever be possible to have 11 independent players?

This is a discussion on Will it ever be possible to have 11 independent players? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Will it ever be possible to have 11 independent players?

Will it ever be possible to code for 11 players acting independently? For example, the DL tends to rush the passer as one unit on most plays. You don't see each DL trying to beat the OL on their way to the passer. consequently you have lots of plays where the QB passes with no pass rush in his face (which is totally unrealistic).

How many times is the QB forced to dump the ball off on third down in order to avoid a sack? How many times does the pass rush come up the middle forcing a bad throw? It seems like these scenarios can't be recreated in a video game because each DL can't be created to act as an individual. Does this make sense? I hope my question makes sense because it is difficult to describe.

I have pretty much given up on buying football video games now because it doesn't seem like the line play battles can be recreated accurately. Does anyone else get that feeling? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Will it ever be possible to have 11 independent players?

I don't think so at all. Nothing is impossible. It would definitely add the highest degree of realism to the game, since everything is independently controlled, not Computer AI. I defintely think it's possible given the technology we have, but, "It's all about the Benjamins baby" for EA. They just want our money.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

In sports video games? Yes just play Fifa 10. All 11 players are pretty much doing there own thing.

In madden? Hell no.

When I see that a WR still has no idea he is at the sideline I have no hope at all that they can do this.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

The fact that we don't already have this is because of failings of the EA/Tiburon developers and the execs that influence what they can do. It is not that the hardware can't handle it.

They need an infusion of new talent, and a shake up at the top as far as the "suits" are concerned. The excuse that the "engine" won't allow it is like that top 40 hit on the radio - way overplayed!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 42

I just don't think for most people realistic line play factors very high on a priority list. Even though I played lineman when I played, it barely effects me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

I don't understand the question.

Madden already has 11 'independent' players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »