Home

Just why are all the clips on rookie mode? I never got this.

This is a discussion on Just why are all the clips on rookie mode? I never got this. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Just why are all the clips on rookie mode? I never got this.

Yeah, I understand what you guys are saying but I am still not quite getting it.

Yeah, its easy to break off a huge run on rookie but I am not talking about just a trailer for the general public.

These blogs and dairies and breakdowns are not for the casual fan. The casual fan doesnt give a rats *** about coding and your new tech for the game. They will most likely look at 1 preview and then buy the game based on past experiences.

The breakdowns and the blogs are for us...the hardcore gamer who actually follows games well before they come out. (hell some of us follow games every step of the way for YEARS) We, has hardcore gamers can clearly look at the video and know its on rookie, you are not fooling us.

So I still dont see a benefit of showing off features to us on rookie. Unless they simply being lazy or their game is just that broken.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soodmeg
Yeah, I understand what you guys are saying but I am still not quite getting it.

Yeah, its easy to break off a huge run on rookie but I am not talking about just a trailer for the general public.

These blogs and dairies and breakdowns are not for the casual fan. The casual fan doesnt give a rats *** about coding and your new tech for the game. They will most likely look at 1 preview and then buy the game based on past experiences.

The breakdowns and the blogs are for us...the hardcore gamer who actually follows games well before they come out. (hell some of us follow games every step of the way for YEARS) We, has hardcore gamers can clearly look at the video and know its on rookie, you are not fooling us.

So I still dont see a benefit of showing off features to us on rookie. Unless they simply being lazy or their game is just that broken.
They went to Gaming School [sic] lol. Probably needed to take a course in marketing 101.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #11
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Its a marketing scheme
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Its a marketing scheme
We should revoke their marketing degrees then.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Its a marketing scheme

their marketing team must be smart because they sure know how to trick people into buying the same game every year haha
Old 05-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #14
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmadden2013
their marketing team must be smart because they sure know how to trick people into buying the same game every year haha
Lol, they sure are.

I did a Report on EA for my Business class and compared them to Take Two (2k). I realized EA spends millions every year just on marketing and advertisement, while take two doesn't even hit the 100,000 mark. Hmm wonder why they always get so much hype and sell so much.

But I buy every year so I can't really say anything
Old 05-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 3

But again, how does this ploy work?

The only ones seeing this videos are the hardcore gamers that will instantly see the flaws. Not the casually gamer that will be dazzled by the odd 5 spin moves and 9 jukes that happen.

I guess it will point to the fact that Madden consumers dont care what the game looks like as look as they give them updates. Personally I am on the opposite side, I would prefer a 1 quality video that shows everything working then 15 videos over 5 months in which half show the game to be completely broken or unchanged in anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmadden2013
Their marketing team are not the ones responsible for creating as close as is possible to a monopoly on the football gaming market which is why they sell so many games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »