Home

Restricted Free-Agency

This is a discussion on Restricted Free-Agency within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Restricted Free-Agency

I cannot believe that a bigger deal is not made of the lack of restricted free-agency in Madden. It is one of the biggest parts of an NFL off-season. Really, think about it..... Madden lacking restricted free-agency would be like baseball video games lacking club/player options or arbitration.

In my mind it is absolutely unacceptable to go another year without this feature. I have very very rarely bashed Madden before, but I just realized what a huge segment of the NFL RFA's are and how much they play a part in real life. Alot of teams hold together a nucleus of players for one more season via restricted free-agent tenders in order to make one last run at the playoffs/superbowl. Sometimes 1/4 of your roster might be made up of RFA's, but somehow Madden dev's just don't put that aspect in the game.

Is anyone else dumbfounded this isn't a bigger issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Restricted Free-Agency

Just waiting on the developer blogs or the info we get back from the guys who are going to E3!!!

Then we'll know whether to be upset or not.

Just idle it back a few notches......

Yes, I agree that it would be wrong for all the off-season stuff not to be in the game this year.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Worst part about it is it was in the game last gen.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

There are sooo many other Franchise issues this gets lost in the sauce.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
There are sooo many other Franchise issues this gets lost in the sauce.
Basically
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Ya there is alot things in franchise mode that need to be fixed. Not just RFA stuff. Just the fact they have not done much with franchise mode offline since coming to the next Gen console is what is kind of making me mad. Back on madden 07 ps2 version the franchise mode was real good. But since they put madden on the ps3 and 360. Franchise mode for the most part has been avoided. Last year was a strive for them to bring it back to life. But it's going to take alot more then just fixing trade logic and small things like that. I really hope Josh Looman and his small crew did some heavy work on offline franchise mode while fooling with those inserts cards stuff they are doing right now. Franchise mode is one of the biggest part of football game today. I hope Ian and Phil relize that in a big way besides gameplay.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #7
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

Add Restricted Free Agency to the ever growing list of items that has still not made the jump from current gen to next gen Madden
Old 05-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #8
Pro

I never forgot about it, and I hope its back along with all the other stuff. I think it's actually more important than expanded rosters and stuff too. It needs to be done better than last gen though... you should be able to choose the round tender you want to put on a player (1st, 2nd, 7th round etc).

Restricted free agency is the whole reason that most non-1st round rookies aren't signed for longer than 3 years (soon will be 6 years during the uncapped season). Without RFA, teams just let go of their rookies too easily.

An additional need that is related but much less important is compensatory picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »