Home

Do You Really Want Pre-Generated Draft Classes In Madden 11

This is a discussion on Do You Really Want Pre-Generated Draft Classes In Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should Madden 11 have Pre-generated Draft Classes?
No to Pre-Generated Draft Classes 52 46.02%
Yes to Pre-Generated Draft Classes 51 45.13%
I don't care at all... 10 8.85%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #9
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Do You Really Want Pre-Generated Draft Classes In Madden 11

Like I've mentioned before, it seems EA makes the player name based on the name of the player. They should at least try to throw us off sometimes if they are going to do this.

For example, they should make a white TE named LeBron Jordan from Miami (Ohio). D potential, nothing special, just a subpar long snapper tight end. But no, when they create a name first, they build the player based on the name. That TE would be black, supreme hops, about 6'7"... you get the point.

Just randomize the vitals. I'm fine with a white QB named Jamal Davis. The classes themselves are awesome. Do it EA.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #10
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

I really don't care if the name matches the stereotypical skin color. I mean seriously, Donovan McNabb has got to be one of the most irish names ever and no one has batted an eye about that. Plus in years past when players were totally randomly generated there were a bunch of cases like your example.

Its more important to me to have carefully planned draft classes where I won't know who is good right away because I've already had the draft class in another franchise or because somebody posted a list of all the player names with ratings and potentials.

And if its really that big of a deal to people, I'm sure its not that difficult to code certain names only to be available for certain skin colors.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

I love the premade draft classes- like others have said, just randomize the names/colleges/etc. They could keep all of last years players, as long as they are mixed up and not in their same groups (ie English/Marrow/James/Bellows always grouped together)

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by arz9278
What if you get a white QB named Jamal Davis? lol
Jamal in house party 2 was a white kid with dreads and a rapper...haha should clarify you will only know what im talking bout if you most likely grew up in the 80's/early 90's

but yea im all for pre generated classes but with randomized info as i stated last year due to spreadsheets that i forecasted were gonna come out and ruin online franchises due to everyone having all the info at the push of a button.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I really don't care if the name matches the stereotypical skin color. I mean seriously, Donovan McNabb has got to be one of the most irish names ever and no one has batted an eye about that. Plus in years past when players were totally randomly generated there were a bunch of cases like your example.

Its more important to me to have carefully planned draft classes where I won't know who is good right away because I've already had the draft class in another franchise or because somebody posted a list of all the player names with ratings and potentials.

And if its really that big of a deal to people, I'm sure its not that difficult to code certain names only to be available for certain skin colors.
Ya but if EA codes the names for skin colors thats gona seem a little racist lol. I don't think EA would do that.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 2

It would be cool if they did it randomly but did somthing new with the scouting. Something creative.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

I like the pre-generated classes. They do need to be careful that they get the right amount of great, good, average, and bust players to keep the teams about the same talent level (what i mean is you want to avoid what happened in NCAA where all the freshmen were way higher rated than the original class and it led to a ton of 90+ rated players).

I really don't think I'll be involved in an online dynasty, so pre-generated is the way to go for me even with the names staying the same through the years. I think it makes you care about the player a little bit more when you know they were hand-made. It also allows for a closer resemblance to an actual NFL draft class and can allow for true sleepers, gems, role players, and busts. Sure, they need to iron out the scouting and the number of gems, but I think they are on the right track.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
That's fine. My head didn't explode when I saw Jevan Snead the first time, so I will live.
..and if it DID bug you, you can change it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »