Home

One thing I'll miss IF the Draft Classes are Randomized

This is a discussion on One thing I'll miss IF the Draft Classes are Randomized within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
One thing I'll miss IF the Draft Classes are Randomized

DICSCLAIMER: I do want the draft class names/schools to be random. I got tired of knowing who all the studs were, it made the draft boring.

BUT, I will miss the fun we have on this site of sharing who we drafted, rating the top prospects, etc. There's many threads on here dedicated to "Okoye vs. Taylor", "Who's the best Madden Generated QB", "The best players to build your franchise around", etc. Those fun discussions all go away once (IF) the classes are randomized.

Would you support an option to turn off/on randomized names in the franchise set up menu? It might be fun to sometimes do franchises with "shared" classes.

In retrospect, what really killed the fun of Franchise drafting was the Prima Head Coach Future 50 guide and the Lokisfather guide (no offense to lokisfather, I used it and appreciated it, but after a while I regretted it).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: One thing I'll miss IF the Draft Classes are Randomized

I will not miss the crafted draft class, because, like you said, it kills the fun of not knowing who is going to be a bust and a stud.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 16

I don't know about you but I wasn't able to draft every player right and I had a lot of bust..... I think it is good to know who has the hype coming out of the draft.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

Non random draft classes would be a franchise killer if it wasn't for importing from NCAA..

If they fix the importing issue so the players come into Madden as they should(i.e no big drops in physical attributes) then it's a non-issue
Old 05-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopy03
I don't know about you but I wasn't able to draft every player right and I had a lot of bust..... I think it is good to know who has the hype coming out of the draft.
You can still see who has "hype".. If you see a randomly generated QB that is projected to be a top 5 pick than you can consider him "hyped"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikefan24
You can still see who has "hype".. If you see a randomly generated QB that is projected to be a top 5 pick than you can consider him "hyped"

But that top 5 pick you cant see if he will have great potential to be great player... every player that comes into the league has there own ratings from the teams scouts.. only problem in Madden is that you can;t actually use your scouts it is kind of the games scouts that comes up with these ratings... I think it would be a lot better if you had your own teams scouts ratings and could see maybe maybe 2 or 3 espn scout ratings which you will have different opinions for each of them. And just like real life teams go off of there team scouts and not all these so call professional scouts.

that is what would make it fun becasue every team wouldn't have the same ratings on each player.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

I think the best thing to do is NOT read the guides or tips on who is the best players in the Draft.I was tempted but I forced myself to overlook those things.

I think it would be nice to have Random names.But I liked the Classes from Madden 10 so Im sure I'll like Madden 11s too.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I disagree with the OP. There will still be discussions about great generated players. The difference will be one person saying Ike Tatum is the best QB, another saying Joe Pilpot, when in reality they're the same guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »