Home

Idea to Make Awareness Matter: Confidence Meter

This is a discussion on Idea to Make Awareness Matter: Confidence Meter within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Idea to Make Awareness Matter: Confidence Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
They already have ratings assigned to those area's your refering to

All WR's have a Route Running rating assigned and all DB's have a Zone coverage rating

The overall awareness is tied into the game and effects those ratings on the field

I think what you guys are looking for is what they call a COMPOSURE rating....not an AWARENESS rating

But even then in the NFL i only really see that effecting QB's in pressure situations not WR's, RB's or Defenders that much and it's probably the reason why EA hasn't utilized it in Madden as opposed to NCAA College football game
Good points. For the sake of the idea of was conveying - composure is basically a synonym for confidence.

I think Pgaither hit the nail on the head in pointing out that they first need to get a good sim game of football going before they delve into minutia such as this.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 05-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

How about a "Desire" meter too?

Jamarcus Russells rating would equal when he was picked. LOL

Later
Old 05-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 39

I like it.

Desire is basically potential rating isn't it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9

I like the idea of the "Consistency" rating from NFL 2K5. That's something I'd like to see in Madden.

Someone like Braylon Edwards is a perfect example of what a low consistency rating would be like ;P
Old 05-21-2010, 12:46 AM   #13
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
They already have ratings assigned to those area's your refering to

All WR's have a Route Running rating assigned and all DB's have a Zone coverage rating

The overall awareness is tied into the game and effects those ratings on the field

I think what you guys are looking for is what they call a COMPOSURE rating....not an AWARENESS rating

But even then in the NFL i only really see that effecting QB's in pressure situations not WR's, RB's or Defenders that much and it's probably the reason why EA hasn't utilized it in Madden as opposed to NCAA College football game

no man, i think you completely misunderstood what he was trying to say. he isn't talking about anything remotely close to route running or zone coverage. lemme give you some more examples of his idea, my Chicago Bears tried to convert Devin Hester to WR. that idea didn't work, even though the guy was ridiculously quick and had pretty decent hands, he was always running the wrong route, something completely different then running a poor route. you mention composure and say it only affects quarterbacks.... but he wasn't really talking about composure, he's saying that you can't put a rookie quarterback (or a free agent) in as the starter sometimes because you have to give them time to learn the playbook... so if you put a rookie quarterback in the game you will have to use a limited playbook.... so in this idea, awareness = learning the playbook.

a player can know the playbook like the back of his hand and still be a terrible route runner, or vice versa, a player can be a mental midget, but be great at route running, in this scenario he might run a great route, but the wrong route causing the quarterback to throw an interception because he thinks the WR will be where he isnt.... point is that its two completely different things.... i don't think i've ever seen someone run the wrong route in Madden, something that i see a few times every game
Old 05-21-2010, 08:00 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
This whole mindset the guys from the "Do you ever bench "prospects" in Franchise Mode?" just kind of sparked a little idea for me.

Confidence meter. Awareness can be indicative of how much your confidence can sway throughout a game or season. Let's say you're a low AWR rookie. Your confidence is very manipulative. What low confidence would do is lower certain ratings OR vary your level of play (ratings) a lot play to play. This could kind of represent the downside of playing a young, low AWR athlete: he'll be inconsistent.

Guys with high AWR will be really tough to sway and will basically play to their abilities play in and play out. It'll give incentive to play high AWR older guys over really young guys with maybe better physical talents immediately because of the inconsistency risk.

Thoughts? Like/not like?
I really like this idea... I really thin that EA needs to consider this rating. Hopefully in the future.

Respectfully,

Michael K.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #15
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
no man, i think you completely misunderstood what he was trying to say. he isn't talking about anything remotely close to route running or zone coverage. lemme give you some more examples of his idea, my Chicago Bears tried to convert Devin Hester to WR. that idea didn't work, even though the guy was ridiculously quick and had pretty decent hands, he was always running the wrong route, something completely different then running a poor route. you mention composure and say it only affects quarterbacks.... but he wasn't really talking about composure, he's saying that you can't put a rookie quarterback (or a free agent) in as the starter sometimes because you have to give them time to learn the playbook... so if you put a rookie quarterback in the game you will have to use a limited playbook.... so in this idea, awareness = learning the playbook.

a player can know the playbook like the back of his hand and still be a terrible route runner, or vice versa, a player can be a mental midget, but be great at route running, in this scenario he might run a great route, but the wrong route causing the quarterback to throw an interception because he thinks the WR will be where he isnt.... point is that its two completely different things.... i don't think i've ever seen someone run the wrong route in Madden, something that i see a few times every game
Wow you have eloquently conveyed exactly what I was trying to express. This is what I meant when I made my post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
Apparently, you don't use the Panthers... Our WR corps is SO BAD, my receivers run the wrong routes all the time. So much so, that whenever I throw to #80 I say - "He went to Jarrett." Dwayne Jarrett in particular is ALWAYS doing something dumb, so it's like Christmas when he runs the right route AND makes the catch. LOL

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »