Home

Madden NFL 11 Run Blocking Improvements Live Chat Transcript

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Run Blocking Improvements Live Chat Transcript within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 11:52 PM   #33
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 11 Run Blocking Improvements Live Chat Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Wait a minute, we're trolling now? Maybe you guys need to look at the vids again. Those guys aren't dropping back into zone coverage. They aren't doing anything. They're just standing there waiting to get blocked. Even after the running back has clearly passed the line of scrimmage, the defenders still just stand there.

To the ones saying it's because it's zone defense, are you serious? So we can't pick zone defense against the run now. I know it's not the best D against the run, but defenses do stop the run when in zone defense sometimes. Do you think great defensive teams like the Ravens are just good at guessing whether a team runs or not? That's what you all are suggesting. According to Madden if you pick a zone defense against the run, you're guys are gonna just stand there and get blocked. Get real!!

First, everyone was hollering that it was on rookie to show run blocking improvements. Then, after the guy who wrote the blog says it was on All pro, you still say it was on rookie. WTF? I think I believe the guy who did the blog over Ian. Nothing against Ian, I'm just saying that if the guy who did the blog says it was on all pro, it probably was on all pro. Now he may have tweaked some sliders or something like that, but I'm not gonna sit here, when he says he was playing on all pro, and then say well Ian says it's rookie lol.

Face it, the vid was bad, real bad for run defense. I don't care what anyone says. I trust my eyes over people's voices any day. My eyes saw that the defenders were just standing there waiting to get blocked. You can say whatever you want, but I'm willing to bet the majority of the people on these boards would agree with what I saw.
What about my theory,spliff?
Old 05-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #34
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
What about my theory,spliff?
Yeah, it's possible that he messed with sliders or cpu gameplan or he programmed something into the game to show off run blocking or something. Whatever he did, the defense doesn't look right on those plays.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #35
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, it's possible that he messed with sliders or cpu gameplan or he programmed something into the game to show off run blocking or something. Whatever he did, the defense doesn't look right on those plays.
Not just that part of it.The part about Madden making defenders react slower to a play when a bad defense is called to compensate for defenders covering to much ground.This way they simulate real NFL defenders being in bad position because of a bad defensive playcall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 12:30 AM   #36
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Dude I know you feel like you don't trust the D because of these clips. But bro don't judge until E3. Alot is going to be changed before then. I'm not saying not worry. But worry over something that could be nothing. To early to jump the gun on this one. Once E3 gets here and we are getting alot videos on youtube will help us get a better hands on. To see how the D will react. I can't base how the D is going to react off of a few video clips. You might but I can't I need full videos to prove the point. But for now there is no reason to be so worried.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #37
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

here's my question.... one of the guests asked the DEV a question about shifting the line, saying if he runs a toss left, and shifts the line to the left, will it leave the backside defense end unblocked.... the DEV responded with this:

Madden NFL Dev Team:
Offensive Line shifting is still in the game. This useful feature will not affect blocking match-ups. The same match-ups will occur regardless of the Offensive Line shifts made pre-snap.
Thursday May 20, 2010 4:30 Madden NFL Dev Team
4:30

my problem here, is what is the point of shifting your offensive line if it does not change blocking assignments???

in the words of Herm Edwards...

HELLO!

the guest who asked the question is running a toss left, and wants to shift his line left probably with the idea of leaving the backside defensive end unblocked because that end cannot really affect the play! the idea of of shifting the line is so you can free up an extra blocker on the side you're running the play to.

i can't be the only person who sees this....

the dev just told us that this "useful feature" won't work....

CHILD PLEASE!

please someone correct me if i'm wrong about this but when i'm playing and i see a linebacker walk up to the line of scrimmage, i'm shifting my offensive line over to his side with the sole purpose of changing blocking matchups so that he is accounted for
Old 05-21-2010, 01:11 AM   #38
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

this is awesome. it seems like FINALLY, we will need to scheme for O and D lines.

Rather than building a team through skilled positions, we can build from the inside-out!

side note- Wouldnt "normal gameplay" be the difficulty that the game starts out in pre-adjustments made to anything? that is what i would think. Doesnt the game come as Pro as the default or "normal" diff? i wish he could have answered specifically, i swear these devs are programmed to answer questions by NOT answering questions. a one word answer in that case would have been all we needed...
Old 05-21-2010, 01:17 AM   #39
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
here's my question.... one of the guests asked the DEV a question about shifting the line, saying if he runs a toss left, and shifts the line to the left, will it leave the backside defense end unblocked.... the DEV responded with this:

Madden NFL Dev Team:
Offensive Line shifting is still in the game. This useful feature will not affect blocking match-ups. The same match-ups will occur regardless of the Offensive Line shifts made pre-snap.
Thursday May 20, 2010 4:30 Madden NFL Dev Team
4:30

my problem here, is what is the point of shifting your offensive line if it does not change blocking assignments???

in the words of Herm Edwards...

HELLO!

the guest who asked the question is running a toss left, and wants to shift his line left probably with the idea of leaving the backside defensive end unblocked because that end cannot really affect the play! the idea of of shifting the line is so you can free up an extra blocker on the side you're running the play to.

i can't be the only person who sees this....

the dev just told us that this "useful feature" won't work....

CHILD PLEASE!

please someone correct me if i'm wrong about this but when i'm playing and i see a linebacker walk up to the line of scrimmage, i'm shifting my offensive line over to his side with the sole purpose of changing blocking matchups so that he is accounted for
the backside end should be left alone regardless of shift, but your right and it concerned me too somewhat. i am hoping he means that the oline will still block who they are supposed do, just take wider angles and/or attack half of the d-linemens body rather than head up. anyway, with the new blocking, we shouldnt need to use the oline shift half as much as it was used in M10(i used it most run plays), but, Madden doesnt seem to complete projects completely. we shall see...
Old 05-21-2010, 01:23 AM   #40
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
Madden doesnt seem to complete projects completely. we shall see...

ain't that the truth lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »