Home

Madden 11 Rocket Catching

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Rocket Catching within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Madden 11 Rocket Catching

I like this feature. I do not like this feature. If this feature is not over effective it will be great, if it is over effective then that is all you will see in tournament and online. What do you guys have to say on the situation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 11 Rocket Catching

as long as teams can't just rocket catch all day then i have no problem with it. Maybe improve dbs animation or make it less likely you would catch it with contact in the air.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

"If its in the game, its in the game"
we have receivers like randy moss, larry fitzgerald,Calvin Johnson and andre Johnson in the league who all go up and get the ball
we dont see that in madden
Old 05-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
Rookie

madden-school's Arena

OVR: 1

I have no problem with an occassional rocket catch with a superior wide receiver, but it does get ridiculous when 60 overall receivers are doing it to Revis or Asomougha
Old 05-20-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 55

I don't want the acrobatic catches to boil down to people manipulating animations with a button not even designated for catching.

I am all for WR's going up for the ball, but not through animation manipulation by a user. That's called "gaming the game".

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I know some people don't like rocket catch and all. You just got to learn and defend it. Rocket catch is a 50/50 chance sort of speak. You have 50% of catching it and then the other 50% chance is where is could get int. I have no problem with rocket catching. I'm fine with it. But like I said some people like it and other people don't like it. It's all according to that person.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I know some people don't like rocket catch and all. You just got to learn and defend it. Rocket catch is a 50/50 chance sort of speak. You have 50% of catching it and then the other 50% chance is where is could get int. I have no problem with rocket catching. I'm fine with it. But like I said some people like it and other people don't like it. It's all according to that person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR9nW1W1GDI
Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #8
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Rocket Catching is Ok, EXCEPT when its ran EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

So I guess you can count me as a person that HATES rocket catching because the people that use it, don't do it with only Fitzgerald and Moss, they do it with EVERY tall receiver, and they can execute it almost EVERY play if they know how to use it properly.

There is know way to defend it if the person doing it knows what he/she is doing, So PLEASE don't try and just give a response like 'Moss, Fitz, Calvin Johnson do it, so it should be 'In the Game', because they don't do it ALL game in real life because NOBODY runs the same route, EVERY PLAY.

When my DBs properly break on the ball, and make the same play the WR Makes going up for the ball, I wont mind rocket catching. I wont mind it if my opponent catches me off guard throughout the game throwing it up for a taller/athletic receiver making a spectacular catch--hell I don't mind if ALL the WRs catches come on Rocket Catches, as long as my DBs PROPERLY play the Ball/Receiver and doesn't just let my opponent quickly take control of a WR so the DB wont properly react.

If you can look at RC's and tell me the DBs properly react to the ball -- shame on you lmao. Yeah Larry, Randy, Calvin and a FEW other players in the NFL make GREAT catches, but almost uncontested? Nah. The DB still at least makes a play on the ball.

The DBs are sure as Heck defending the ball realistically here in this video! loll

Rocket Catching is fake, with the exception of the VERY FIRST EXAMPLE, the rest of the examples are exactly what the RC is meant to do.

Everybody that knows football, knows that RCing is FAKE in Madden, ever since it has been introduced.

Someone please explain how Im wrong, and how I should just 'Learn how to defend it' lmao

Last edited by lolfalconsbeatu; 05-20-2010 at 11:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »