Home

Gus Johnson Confirmed Play-By-Play Commentator For Madden NFL 11 w/ Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on Gus Johnson Confirmed Play-By-Play Commentator For Madden NFL 11 w/ Gameplay Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #49
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Gus Johnson Confirmed Play-By-Play Commentator For Madden NFL 11 w/ Gameplay Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C
Not impressed at ALL with the gamepley

hopefully the final build plays better, Backbreaker FTW

Agreed, Gus is great but the gameplay and player movement are not impressive at all.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #50
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Gus Johnson Confirmed Play-By-Play Commentator For Madden NFL 11 w/ Gameplay Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsk1d
wait collensworth is out to?
No he is still in. They just used the other guy as extra to do this video. Collensworth and Gus are the announcers.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
Are you people dense??

This was a PR move where they brought in VIDEO GAME JOURNALISTS to "get in the booth" with a real commentator in Gus Johnson. They watched a pre-recorded game of Madden and spoke about it as it was happening.

THIS IS NOT IN THE GAME. CRIS COLLINSWORTH IS STILL IN IT AND THE COMMENTARY WILL NOT SOUND LIKE THIS AT ALL. THE GUY WITH GUS JOHNSON WAS A VIDEO GAME JOURNALIST WHO WENT TO WRITE A PREVIEW ABOUT THE GAME.

Wow I'm keeping this in mind next time I take anyone's opinion seriously here. So sad.
Im hoping they were giving an example of how the commentary will be in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #52
Rookie

Morning Thunder's Arena

OVR: 2

I found that journalist to be really annoying
Old 05-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
So you think that all of those large gameplay elements are going to be different in an upcoming build? You do realize that they are approaching code freeze soon, right? The problems I mentioned are ancient and they are still not fixed.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Hasn't happened with Madden in a long long time. I'll gladly eat crow...
They also program and tune till the game ships.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #54
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

If the play by play could ever hear like that in the near future for Madden, I would...

Old 05-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #55
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18

man i cant wait for this!!!
its about time we get some energy pumped into the play-by-play!!!

i think i may actually get madden this year at midnight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #56
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Sorry to get a little off-topic but the game still looks herky jerky robotic. I thought locomotion was supposed to make it look more "organic" EA. Take a look at that pass into the flat. It wasn't pretty not bit looking at the player gather himself to get up field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »