Home

Do people realize how good this game is Human vs Human on All-Madden?

This is a discussion on Do people realize how good this game is Human vs Human on All-Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #65
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Do people realize how good this game is Human vs Human on All-Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
What I'm trying to illustrate is that passes do NOT always go to the path the receiver is running when the QB throws.
This is exactly the problem with Madden. The ball goes to whatever direction the receiver is facing at the time the ball leaves the QB hands, and what's even worse, the WR auto-majickly reacts to it instead of running his route and preparing for where the ball is meant to be delivered.

Quote:
There are points in the route stem where I can throw and 'change' the route on the fly, but I can also deliver the pass to the spot on the route WITHOUT manipulating the stick to aim the pass.
Can't be done. The TE out is just a bad throw that the TE reacted to catch (again, this is a problem with Madden, the automatic response of the receiver to any pass). If you did that in APF2K8, then 90% of the time the receiver wouldn't even see the ball as they would be expecting along the line of the route, which is where it should be thrown per the plays design.

Quote:
Actually, every one of these throws either is released OR the QB begins the windup before the receiver cuts. What I'm seeing is Madden doing what everyone seems to think cannot be done.
Because it can't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I don't think that you really get it and I'm almost positive that you never will. Which is fine.

I will leave you with this one last thing. People have told you to try out 2K to see the difference. I think that's a waste of time for you because I am willing to bet money that you still won't get it. And again, that's fine.

I don't know how long you have been playing Madden, but Madden USED to have a button called Route Based. It was one of the triggers. You held it down while passing with one of the face buttons that corresponded to the receiver. If you wanted to throw a pass based off of the route, you held the route based trigger. If you wanted to throw a pass based on the receiver, you threw like you do now. Now if there was no difference, why would they make a button specifically to do what Valdarez and others are saying you can not do now? Now maybe you might think that the game has been programmed to do both route based and receiver based passing so that is why they eliminated the button. If you believe that, then I don't know what to say.

Posters have discussed this issue with devs before. They have given reasons why it works the way it does. I have never once seen a dev say to a poster that raised this issue, that they were crazy and that this is how Madden behaves already. So the question you have to ask yourself is, if the devs acknowledge that there is basically no route based passing in the game (I say basically because there are a couple of situations, as I stated before, where Madden behaves like there is, but it is literally like a couple) then why don't you believe the people who made the game either?
You're right... I'm not going to rush out and get 2K just to see the differences in the game mechanics. Not that I'm a hard arse or anything, but I'm not trying to learn new passing mechanics for a game I'm NEVER going to play.

I've been playing Madden since 1990. I've played every version and remember the year Route Based passing was marketed. I never used it on Madden either.

The purpose of the video is to shatter two myths as it relates to passing in Madden:

1) Passes are NOT always thrown ahead of the receiver's current path
2) Passes CAN be thrown to the proper point in a receiver's route before the receiver cuts.

Both of these concepts are illustrated in the video... Not only are passes thrown to the spot the route dictates, but they are thrown before the receiver cuts in EVERY shot. I'm not nearly as concerned of the mechanics of how the pass arrives as I am with the notion that that it's impossible...

I'm not sure what anyone said, feels, or think... All I know is what the video shows: What people say can't be done getting done over and over to several 4 different receivers and 8 different routes.

I just find it funny that all the people that keep telling me it's impossible are still trying to convince me that it's impossible even though I did it, recorded it, and showed it to them.

If I'm an idiot and I'm wrong, and I really can't do the things I've been able to do all year and in the video... Don't wake me up. Just let me keep dreaming.

Later
Old 05-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Because it can't.
Watch it again... This time with your glasses on.

Later
Old 05-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 3

You've admitted to never having played APF 2K8, while the rest of us have played both Madden and APF, do yourself a favor and buy it for $1 at your local Gamestop, then you'll see what we're talking about.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #69
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
You're right... I'm not going to rush out and get 2K just to see the differences in the game mechanics. Not that I'm a hard arse or anything, but I'm not trying to learn new passing mechanics for a game I'm NEVER going to play.

I've been playing Madden since 1990. I've played every version and remember the year Route Based passing was marketed. I never used it on Madden either.

The purpose of the video is to shatter two myths as it relates to passing in Madden:

1) Passes are NOT always thrown ahead of the receiver's current path
2) Passes CAN be thrown to the proper point in a receiver's route before the receiver cuts.

Both of these concepts are illustrated in the video... Not only are passes thrown to the spot the route dictates, but they are thrown before the receiver cuts in EVERY shot. I'm not nearly as concerned of the mechanics of how the pass arrives as I am with the notion that that it's impossible...

I'm not sure what anyone said, feels, or think... All I know is what the video shows: What people say can't be done getting done over and over to several 4 different receivers and 8 different routes.

I just find it funny that all the people that keep telling me it's impossible are still trying to convince me that it's impossible even though I did it, recorded it, and showed it to them.

If I'm an idiot and I'm wrong, and I really can't do the things I've been able to do all year and in the video... Don't wake me up. Just let me keep dreaming.

Later

Lol. That's the spirit.

Can you send these vids to the devs too along with your analysis? I'm sure they'd like to learn more about how their game works.

Last edited by Only1LT; 05-27-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #70
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
You've admitted to never having played APF 2K8, while the rest of us have played both Madden and APF, do yourself a favor and buy it for $1 at your local Gamestop, then you'll see what we're talking about.

You're making the same mistake as Valdarez and others. He will never see it. Not gonna happen.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Neither need nor desire to play 2K anything... Besides, the most I'll find is that I can do the same thing I'm doing in Madden, with a slightly different technique. Or better stated, I can do the same thing from APF in Madden with a different technique.

The point to the video is proving what isn't supposed to be possible in Madden IS POSSIBLE. More than that, it's not a fluke happening as I can throw before receivers make breaks on most every route to every area of the field.

I'm wondering when/if someone will actually say: "You know... We didn't know you could actually do that."

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 10

Like I said in your thread, we all know what you're doing in that video can be done...but that's not route based passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »