Home

Route Based Passing in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Route Based Passing in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #161
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Route Based Passing in Madden 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
The biggest impasse is our definition of what 'route based passing' means. Our definition of passing based on routes hinges on whether the QB is able to throw at any time or not to deliver passes on the route. I consider the pass anytime mechanic as being irrelevant, while you believe it's paramount.
I wonder how video 4 is going to solve the problem above? Or how it will illustrate the same effectiveness when passing along a route as we were able to accomplish in APF2K8? (Hint #1: it can't) Or how it will show a ball hitting the ground when the receiver isn't expecting it because they are running their route and the QB threw it too soon? (Hint #2: it can't)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #162
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xebec
IMO it's the APF posters who are extremely defensive, smug and a bit arrogant in this disscussion. TNT is not trying to rundown APF. He is not claiming that APF doe not have "route base" passing. He is not even saying that Madden does it better than APF. He is simply stated and proved through video evidence that you can throw to a receiver in Madden BEFORE that receiver has made his cut and the receiver will continue the route and catch the ball.

A few APF posters seem to being taking offense that this has been clearly proven. It seem like route base passing must ONLY exist in THEIR game and not that other game. TNT is not claiming that Madden's passing is superior to APF, which the APF posters seems to think that he is saying.
Ok,it seems as is if TNT will not comment on my last post but did you read it Xebec?

Maybe if we leave the term "route based" alone for minute,it will help settle this.If there are 2 basketball video games,Game A and Game B.In Game A,after calling the alley oop play,the pass must be timed with where the offensive player receiving the pass is on the court to attempt it.In Game B,after calling the alley oop play,a gamer just has to press a button to attempt it,timing or where the the offensive player receiving the pass is located on the floor,is not a factor.

When comparing Game A and Game B,it's just flat out wrong to say Game A and Game B have the same "playcall based" alley oop pass system/mechanic.It's inaccurate and misleading to say that both games allow "playcall based" alley oop passes to be attempted.Game B allows alley oop passes to be attempted just by calling the play but Game A requires that the play be called and that the timing be right with the receiving players' position on the court,to attempt the alley oop pass.Both games can show an alley oop pass attempt but only Game Bs' pass is simply "playcall based".

Its like comparing a turkey club sandwich to a BLT sandwich.They both have the same components of bacon,lettuce and tomato but the BLT is "bacon based" and the turkey club is "turkey based".LOL

If this doesnt help bring clarity to the situation,oh well.
I have giving my $1.02 on the matter and Im done with it.

Here's to Madden 11 having "route,timing and receiver progression based" passing along with coupons for free BLT and turkey club sandwiches!LOL
Old 06-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #163
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I suggest TNT play as the colts and call a stop and go from the gun and try to throw the stop and go at different times in the route.

I was practicing my sliders for coach mode and ran this play and my QB threw the pass at the right time, only to throw a cut back pass instead of the stop and go, which was wide open for a walk in TD.

[smh, tnt is in his own little dream world about this.]
Old 06-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #164
DickDalewood

OVR:

Yah... I have no clue why we've let this thread carry on for so long...

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »