Home

Why do the CPU's always put up such nasty stats in franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Why do the CPU's always put up such nasty stats in franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Why do the CPU's always put up such nasty stats in franchise mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo4345
Josh Looman decided to screw up the YPC averages in the second title update. He even made a post on here that the YPC average was messed up before the patch came out and he didn't fix it, just asinine. How do you create a problem, acknowledge that it is a problem, and then just leave it in the game? But ima try out those sliders, sounds like that may make franchise better for me. The sim system was really good in Madden 09(as I remember it), but they decided not carry it over to M10.
M09 was far from a good stat sim.

I am pretty upset that Josh couldn't get this **** right. Although people may not realize it but HC09 had a lot of bugs and was missing a lot.

It seems like they just either don't know how to get this mode the way it should be or are not capable. I don't think they will FIX franchise mode this gen. They may add some things, take some things away, etc. but I don't think they are capable of getting everything working smoothly. The basic stuff stats, FA, sal cap, injury reserve, player history, draft logic, trade logic, off season, player retirement (no history of retired players?; can't view by team or position?), pre-season (no progression?), mini-camp, scouting, etc. The basics just aren't there or aren't working right.

I mean last year they said they were going to focus on building the base for the next several years of Madden. But according to Josh himself he couldn't FIX the stats which was clearly something he was trying to do. He also said he couldn't add more progression/regression points other then the end of the year with the current code. Much less the fact that a ton of other stuff is missing or doesn't work right.

BTW, M09 was supposed to have FIXED sim stats, so, for 2 YEARS in a row they tried and COULDN'T fix sim stats. I hope you guys remember the blog for M09 were they highlighter the new sim stats.

I bet the guy that fixed them in M09 got promoted for his good work, lol.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
M09 was far from a good stat sim.

I am pretty upset that Josh couldn't get this **** right. Although people may not realize it but HC09 had a lot of bugs and was missing a lot.

It seems like they just either don't know how to get this mode the way it should be or are not capable. I don't think they will FIX franchise mode this gen. They may add some things, take some things away, etc. but I don't think they are capable of getting everything working smoothly. The basic stuff stats, FA, sal cap, injury reserve, player history, draft logic, trade logic, off season, player retirement (no history of retired players?; can't view by team or position?), pre-season (no progression?), mini-camp, scouting, etc. The basics just aren't there or aren't working right.

I mean last year they said they were going to focus on building the base for the next several years of Madden. But according to Josh himself he couldn't FIX the stats which was clearly something he was trying to do. He also said he couldn't add more progression/regression points other then the end of the year with the current code. Much less the fact that a ton of other stuff is missing or doesn't work right.

BTW, M09 was supposed to have FIXED sim stats, so, for 2 YEARS in a row they tried and COULDN'T fix sim stats. I hope you guys remember the blog for M09 were they highlighter the new sim stats.

I bet the guy that fixed them in M09 got promoted for his good work, lol.
Not defending the crappy under-the-hood parts of franchise in Madden, but some of that stuff is not basic. If you can''t explain what it is in 2 sentences it isn't basic. There is a reason games like Backbreaker and Blitz didn't mess with trade logic, salary cap, and things of that nature. It's not easy, especially considering you adjust one thing then another gets messed up in the process.

Wasn't that Josh's first season with Madden since Head Coach? If I recall he also arrived halfway through the development cycle. If things don't improve in Madden 11 with a full cycle under his belt, we should be upset at Josh not before he gets his full opportunity.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #11
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Just delete the Patch.

I did not too long ago and loved the stats.

One season Michael Turner lead the league in yards with 1700+ while Peterson lead the League in TD's with 19.Franchise stats are alot better without the Patch.I played 3-4 defense and my OLB sacks averaged around 12 a year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »