Home

Are you losing interest in Madden

This is a discussion on Are you losing interest in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How's your interest in Madden these days?
As strong as ever 55 19.16%
Not what it was 104 36.24%
Fading fast 128 44.60%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Are you losing interest in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Well I'm 32 now. Been playing madden for 20 years. I know madden at times have not been all that good. I know madden ain't perfect in anyway shape are form. But I truely still enjoy madden series. Never gets boring to me. Madden might have bugs and glitches some people can't stand. But every game has it's problems.
it all comes down to what a person gets out of the game and what he expects. I've been playing madden since Genesis as well and I've never been disappointed until i popped madden 10 in my PS3. It was my first next gen madden experience and I must say it turned out horribly. Now obvioulsy madden 10 is better than is better than anything we had on 16 bit consoles but we have to consider the era. (at one time pacman was God. also you can't compare Wilt to Shaq.)

madden is embarrassing itself right now. I am interested because I'm a ex football player/current football fan but I'm not buying half baked product
Old 05-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
wow, you'd be in for a surprise if you played Madden 10 Linuxx...it's improved quite a bit since 08. Have you rented it?
I have not, not even touched the game since 08. That year I got both NCAA and Madden. I ended up liking NCAA more then Madden which I thought impossible but I loved the way you could make a high school player and then find a college.

I am leaning towards getting it this year but like every year I wait and see what everyone says. I dont need to be a day one buyer that is forsure.
http://twitter.com/AndyWestond < Its amazing how boring I am..
Old 05-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuxx

The only sports game I play now is The Show for baseball, that game owns.

give me a good deep franchise PLEASE madden!!!!!!
Yes Yes it does.. i wont play online or offline franchise all i do is Road to the show .... but i honestly believe if you play friends that play REAL football an dont try to exploit the game the game is great ... but once u try to play a random online person u start to hate the game .. then the fact that the comp is so easy (to me at least) that you cant really enjoy the franchise mode to much ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The Show is great but severely handicapped by the fact that it won't play online.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #77
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonWolf
Four years of a crap product is enough to change anyones buying habits.
This is the thing I am interested in. I think it's been terrible on next-gen as do alot of people here but I and most of them have continued to buy it mostly on release day despite not liking it. This won't last forever and for me Madden is no longer an automatic buy for the first time in 8-9 years. If the poll is to be believed then alot of people feel the same in which case Maddens sales will plummet which is the only thing that will cause big changes.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #78
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I played 10, it was fun. Never played 08 or 09 next gen. Legacy gen, I played up til 09, to me 07 was the last good one.

If they just put ps2 offseason into Madden 11 , I'd be stoked. You don't need hard coded rookies, I liked being able to look at ratings, and see who was goo dand who wasn't.

What I didn't like about Madden 10, was the shortcuts they took , stick out even to me. I feel like I have NO control on defense, no matter what I do, at whatever level I couldn't get to the quarterback.

As for me, since, following a WR reciever all over the field who may not get the ball is boring, I play as the d-line, and that's it. This part of the game stinks.

So yeah, I really wish they'd just issue a roster update on 07 ps2...it wasn't broken. It was fun. Whoever at EA made the decision to completely rebuilid the game, has probably been fired. And before anyone says you can't take a last gen game and update it for next-gen, check out the Show. It's the same game, plays nearly identically...with the exception of some detailed tweaks int he last 2 years.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 26

I was extremely into madden 10 for about 2 months after it released. After that, I was playing on all madden and scoring 40+ points a game using ask madden play calling to limit my offense and defensive abilities. When almost every game is a blow out with any team against any team(ala I used raiders/lions vs pats) and still easily won kind of made me lose interest in the game.

The only fun I found after that was playing against my friends and they would pick the eagles/pats ect ect and I would select a random team(or reselect if I was given a good team) and typically it was a decent match up but it was still the same old boring thing over and over again.

I started playing football video games with 2k5 and changed to madden after that. I played M08 for easily several hundreds of hours but after that I felt bored with the madden series. I am currently 20 and I have completely lost all wanting to play/buy madden after playing HC09(and the small stint of M10). Whats the point of playing the same on field experience over and over again and have nothing new in the past few years with the off field experience when you KNOW that the devs have already designed a pretty good franchise mode and choose not to use it? Its disheartening.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchingcoach36
Whoever at EA made the decision to completely rebuilid the game, has probably been fired.
Rebuild what? Its been the same engine since the ps2 days!
I dont place all the blame on the Tiburon team, Most of the blame goes the the big wigs at EA, who are responsible for the demise of the franchise, and the quality of NFL games as a whole. I do believe that Ian and his team want to make a great game (who wouldnt?)
but I get the sense that they get little to know support financially from EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »