Home

GameStop Boost Pack: 20,000 Madden NFL Coins

This is a discussion on GameStop Boost Pack: 20,000 Madden NFL Coins within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2010, 04:36 PM   #17
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: GameStop Boost Pack: 20,000 Madden NFL Coins

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
I'm in Egypt. Will it work for me, Legend Killer?
It might. I'm not for sure. LOL
Old 05-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
sounds like a good deal. anyone know how much 20,000 coins would cost if you wanted to buy them? i know you can unlock them playing games in MUT but there MUST have been a feature to buy coins. EA wouldnt pass up the money
you can buy MUT coins for 360 but not PS3. however, you can buy packs of cards with real money on either system.

a platinum pack of cards is 9000 coins or $2.99

This aspect of the preorder is worth about $7-8

I believe Walmart has a preorder that gives you a $10 gift card. You could use that to buy a PSN card for $10 that would buy the two platinum packs and another two gold packs, or so.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 05-30-2010, 08:31 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkrieger
I agree. I liked the concept but the constant contract issues and lack of offline franchise kill it for me..

What would really irk me is iof EA spends more time on UT and less on improving offline chise.
There really wasn't any contract issues, people just didn't understand how to manage their team early on and didn't take the time to adjust to any learning curve. Folks simply wanted the best (Ultimate) team right away and that's not the goal.

Oh, and they did double the amount of contracts on a platinum card a while back. I've nevers spent a single penny on the game and I have two awesome teams.

MUT is the most fun I've had with Madden this late in the season EVER. It's the only thing that's kept me coming back again and again. So addictive.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 05-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #20
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

I fear Madden may be taking Ultimate Team to another level like Fantasy Football and spending less time on Franchise Mode.

I dont like the Ultimate Team,dont like Fantasy Football either.I like realistic teams.So I will not be peordering this game .But I usually buy it early anyways.But then again I might not be picking it up early either unless the REAL Franchise mode stands up.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:56 AM   #21
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkrieger
I agree. I liked the concept but the constant contract issues and lack of offline franchise kill it for me..

What would really irk me is iof EA spends more time on UT and less on improving offline chise.
Exactly, the 4 week contract thing is just lame, and kills it for me. If I can't keep a player, then I'm just not going to mess with MUT. There are better ways to do it.

Create multiple cards for the players.
  • Rookie Card - (low rated player) 70 to 80ish
  • Prime Card (player peak rating) 99
  • Veteran Card (player slightly below peak rating) 80 to 90ish
The Prime/Veteran cards could even have multiples for them if the player was on more than one team (one card for each team type).

Create enough cards so it's very, very difficult to obtain all of them, and make it where the cards only last for that version of Madden. Done. No Contract issues or anything, which is another thing that just kills it for me. I don't want to mess with 'contracts'. bleh

What happens to the cards you bought for Madden 10? Do they work for Madden 11?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #22
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Exactly, the 4 week contract thing is just lame, and kills it for me. If I can't keep a player, then I'm just not going to mess with MUT. There are better ways to do it.

Create multiple cards for the players.
  • Rookie Card - (low rated player) 70 to 80ish
  • Prime Card (player peak rating) 99
  • Veteran Card (player slightly below peak rating) 80 to 90ish
The Prime/Veteran cards could even have multiples for them if the player was on more than one team (one card for each team type).

Create enough cards so it's very, very difficult to obtain all of them, and make it where the cards only last for that version of Madden. Done. No Contract issues or anything, which is another thing that just kills it for me. I don't want to mess with 'contracts'. bleh

What happens to the cards you bought for Madden 10? Do they work for Madden 11?
FIFA 10 ultimate team is amazing. You should check it out. It's what Madden should be.

Its been about 5 months after release and its still going strong.

Bronze Silver Gold Players, managers, fitness coaches, physios, goalkeeper coaches etc.

Bronze Silver Gold player upgrades, contracts, position change, formation change etc.

Contracts are 7 13 and 18 iirc. But with some coaches it increases to a max of 24 games for a gold contract card for me.

Its truly wonderful. You can get coaches which accumulate to reduce fatigue, increase morale, increase contracts etc.

Bronze is about 30-65. Silver about 65-75. Gold aout 75-93. That is the range for players.

There are tournaments against other people. Tournaments against the CPU. Winner of the tournament wins X amount of money.

DNF modifier. So the more you quit, the less coin you get each time you win. It ranges from 0.5 to 1.5. So if you win and you never leave, you get 1.5 times the coins. Disconnecting costs you 0.5x multiplier.

There's an incentive to stay. Lots of leaving will result in less coin earning potential.

Last edited by Exonerated; 05-30-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:58 PM   #23
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Ultimate Team isn't free to play with FIFA.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:23 AM   #24
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Ultimate Team isn't free to play with FIFA.
I'd rather pay for something worth play, then not play the current madden ultimate team. it sucks.

If it was in the same stratosphere as FIFA i'd glady fork over the 5 bucks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »