Home

Remember Madden 10 Promises?

This is a discussion on Remember Madden 10 Promises? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2010, 12:59 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: Remember Madden 10 Promises?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Yeah...just about everyone that has played the game has said that ones are just going to have to play it themselves since it's hard to explain in words how much the feel of the game has improved.
That is the perfect sale! Think about that statement...

" You have to play it "

To play it you have to own or rent it and if you rent it you will still have to pay to get all the advantages of the people who own this year.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 01:03 AM   #26
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN

...The Anim8ter or whatever his name is on here last year spoke about this. He is the guy that had the choice between the new locomotion engine last year or Pro-Tak. He chose Pro-Tak over the new game play engine.

Sad but true.
Yeah... didn't they have to choose one due to the lack of time for implementing both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
That is the perfect sale! Think about that statement...

" You have to play it "

To play it you have to own or rent it and if you rent it you will still have to pay to get all the advantages of the people who own this year.
Well there's always the demo...

Last edited by Bgamer90; 05-28-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:17 AM   #27
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Well the thing is, you do have to play it. You can't feel the new locomotion by watching the game. Its not a marketing ploy.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:30 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Yeah... didn't they have to choose one due to the lack of time for implementing both?

Well there's always the demo...
Here the post from last year on Madden 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anim8or
I would love some more feedback on this from you guys. (Animation Director of Madden (Simon) Here BTW).

The stiffest cycles I went through personally and touched up myself over the last month or so (which was after this video was captured I believe, and the sprinter run cycles were the ones I gave the most love to with some back and forth with Ian Cummings).

FIFA locomotion is amazing, coming from FIFA they spend more time on locomotion than anything else, it's pretty much what FIFA is and they do it better than any game in the world ever has. I am planning/hoping to take their entire locomotion engine next year (it was on the table this year but I felt prioritizing gang tackles would be much more of a game changer and the animation and technical work associated with going from 3 to 9 man gang tackling was pretty immense). Running changes would be purely visual and i really wanted to finish the tackle engine design (2 years in the making) and we wanted much better blocking plus presentation focus was a huge thing from the community. However, we have loads of cycles we could tune up visually, it's certainly not too late for that.

I would like to know of other games that do it better visually as comparison for visual style in the cycles themselves that you guys are talking about, some youtube videos would be a huge help (of games with better run cycles). Even pointing out the moments in our trailer where you think they look bad... To me the WR and DB at the end look great running together and since our loco system got a complete overhaul last year with a lot of positive response we focused on other areas this year (can't redo loco every year...), but maybe I have just be staring at this stuff for too long... More feedback (clips of games that do it better, or pointing out where in our video it looks particularly bad would help us narrow down what you guys are directly talking about here).
Electronic Arts Tiburon
-------------------------------------------

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:14 AM   #29
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm very sceptical as well. Though the biggest dissapointment for me last year was EA's lacklustre attitude on the second patch. How long did we have to wait for that, it was ridicilous.

Because of that, I will wait a week or 2 to buy Madden this year, to see if there is again major issues with the stats in franchise like last year, it's a gamebreaker for me personally. And if there is EA can shove it, really, I'm not going to mess around again for months just to wait for a patch like last year.

Also, like last year we have plenty of promises and I'm not too convinced that they wlll all be present in the final product...like last year. I'm not that big of a fan of gameflow as personally I feel it's just a way of dumbing the game down for new players...the same as the two button controls for FIFA world cup 2010. What sickens me is that they promote it as a step forward as IMHO I feel it's a step back on the simulation aspect of the game.

Last year's gameplay had many flaws, but there were very enjoyable moments...my biggest gripe was as it is every year, that the AI doesn't challenge me unless it cheats. That was probably on of the main standout points of "that game we do not speak off", it was always a challenge. When you played a good game you had a good chance of winning, if you were reckless, you lost. The AI didn't cheat, there weren't any stupid fumbles or interceptions just to make it harder for you..."that game we do not speak off" gave you a fair game, and a challenging one at that.

I don't want a Madden game where there must be house rules not to pass to flats streaks etc. just to make it harder...that is stupid and I won't buy it then.

Ironically on this subject, with the whole "the receiver is smarter now and will get his feet inbounds" thing, IGN in there latest preview said that this was not happening and that they still run out of bounds before catching the ball...so who knows....I'm not convinced and it's up to EA to prove me wrong.

Last edited by R9NALD9; 05-28-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:29 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 6

It's EA...you might as well believe in unicorns and the Loch Ness Monster.

Anyone who takes the majority of what they say at face value is a fool.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 49

I just saw this video, and it really puts things in perspective. I know the users comments are annoying, but just look at the video and let it speak for itself. Its safe to say weve had some broken promisses over the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-w2QPMG6c8
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 8

If we get everything in Madden 11 that we were promised in Madden 10, I'll be a happy camper. The stretched ratings that were supposed to distinguish the elite athletes from the average ones, the custom stadium sounds, the adaptive AI, more realistic and appropriate animations coupled with improved presentation all failed to make it into the game in my observation.

If Madden 11 is everything that Madden 10 was advertised to be, I'll be thrilled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »