Home

Can we get a ball that spins?

This is a discussion on Can we get a ball that spins? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2010, 02:01 AM   #1
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3
Can we get a ball that spins?

you get caught up in all the big things during this time like game play,presentation,and new features. i just want one simple thing that EA can surely get into the game,and thats making the ball spin realistically when i throw it. please EA get this into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 04:34 AM   #2
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Can we get a ball that spins?

i agree with you it is such a simple thing that seems to got botched.
on replays sometimes you see it and sometimes you do not and it definetly takes away from the game. they need to have tv style replays from a farther distance that is what nfl2k5 did they were not so close. my guess is the reason there zoomed in more and very few angles for replays is that exact reason they can not get the ball to spin right.

now if they tied in revolution rating in with arm strength were lets say jamarcus russel has 90 arm strength
and his revollution formulla was 6 on bullit and 3 on loft for every ten yards

so if he threw a 15 yard pass that was a dart it would spin exactly 9 times before it got to the reciever . it would give a different feel watching balls go to recievers as well as create a greater degree between a week armed qb and one that has a rocket arm giving you on defence a greater chance to react to a play if you are playing a qb with a weak and trying to throw deep. to be honest in madden now you can not tell the diffrence in completion speed between the worst qb from the best. well to the degree it should be.

dont forget the actual ball size as well i remember last year we all told him it was too big , the replay back was it was too late because of the canned animations being done. you would think that they would have remembered
but by looking at all the pictures released so far the ball looks like and i am not trying to be funny here but it is close to a watermelon. the ball should look small in a qbs hand and if a running back is craddleing the ball starting by him holding one end with his hand well the other end should not pass the inside of his elbow peoples forearms from fingertip to elbow are a football and a half not one football.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:55 AM   #3
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

I would rather they got rid of helicopter ball.
You know when it's swated an starts falling to the ground like a helicopter landing and ends up being intercepted. The ball in Fifa is perfect. Spins perfectly off the posts and all that.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
Tim Tebow has landed!

T3B0W's Arena

OVR: 22

A small thing, but I 100% agree. The smaller details are what makes good to very good games, great. See MLB The Show.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

If you delete the patches in madden 10 the ball will spin. Something in the patches messed it up in 10.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Agreed it is a small thing and not game breaking. But needs to be fixed. Hopefully it will get fixed in madden 11.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:10 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Agreed it is a small thing and not game breaking. But needs to be fixed. Hopefully it will get fixed in madden 11.
I hope it does get in but it seems that EA is more involved in their locomotion jargon and presentation additions than the little details like that. Unfortunate.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 05-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #8
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
If you delete the patches in madden 10 the ball will spin. Something in the patches messed it up in 10.
In the patch, they made the replay longer because some of the plays were cutting off in replay mode. There fore when they did that the replay are more compress for longer replay. I don't know why they dont use EA canada's replay system. used in NBA live, fifa and NHL. They are like 30 seconds long and no frame rate compression problems

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »