Home

Madden NFL 11 Introduces Online Scouting

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Introduces Online Scouting within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #49
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden NFL 11 Introduces Online Scouting

I'm not sure theres anything that they could've announced, that I could care less about.

I would have much rather seen these stats/tendencies in a more robust player profile tracker. Kinda like V.I.P. in the 2K games.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 12

YAWN!!!! Who cares? What was that stat that Ian said about how many people played online one time and never did again? Earning coins? Are we playing Mario now or something? Focus on fixing the gameplay more, smooth out the online experience for those who do play online and be done with it. The only people that I do play online is my friends, and after about 2 games, I can get a good feel for them. Oh, but they are smart and change their gameplay up game to game depending on what team they use. Which defeats the purpose of scouting then. Just look at The Show. I have never taken that game online because I don't need to. With the right slider set, the game is almost flawless, and a lot of fun against the computer.

It's starting to annoy me that they work on things like this instead of focusing on the core gameplay and making it look as smooth as possible. This is a very small niche market of people that this will reach, yet it's obviously one of their new key selling points. ANd you know they are going to waste a whole blog on this as well, which takes away another week of something good we may get

Last edited by cdiddy71323; 06-01-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #51
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
YAWN!!!! Who cares? What was that stat that Ian said about how many people played online one time and never did again? Earning coins? Are we playing Mario now or something? Focus on fixing the gameplay more, smooth out the online experience for those who do play online and be done with it. The only people that I do play online is my friends, and after about 2 games, I can get a good feel for them. Oh, but they are smart and change their gameplay up game to game depending on what team they use. Which defeats the purpose of scouting then. Just look at The Show. I have never taken that game online because I don't need to. With the right slider set, the game is almost flawless, and a lot of fun against the computer.

It's starting to annoy me that they work on things like this instead of focusing on the core gameplay and making it look as smooth as possible. This is a very small niche market of people that this will reach, yet it's obviously one of their new key selling points
Very small niche market eh? Online Gaming is huge...

I really hope you do not have to spend coin to see what plays people pick when deciding an opponent you want to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #52
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

WTF? LOL!

2013 can't get here fast enough for me!Leave it to EA to take a perfectly good NFL sim idea like the VIP system and splice it up and make you do ish to use it.This is really unbelievable to me.Then some of you guys on here are actually excited about it.With all due respect,with faithful consumers like this,Im really lucky Madden even has a no strings attached offline franchise.

If they annouced a weekly recap show with video being added to the presentation and said you had to unlock it by shutting out all 32 teams on All Madden,some of you think that would be great too huh?

This does not address the true problem with playing cheeser/glitchers inonline ranked games.Knowing what people do is just the beginning.You know that much 5 minutes into the game.The real issue is making basic NFL football aspects work correctly in Madden so the cheese and glitch plays are not effective.If you get any kind of infestation in your home,ants,rats roaches etc,the first thing to do is cut off the food supply.If the devs would simply make playing unrealistically,like throwing one screen pass the whole game,ineffective,nore people would play online ranked games.

I keep saying I dont believe these devs have ever played a ranked game online.They just keep looking at numbers and stats,while playing each other.He said it again in this article,how him and Ian were using the feature against each other.I havent seen yet were any of these guys has ever been online and played some ranked games.I just dont get it.

He said the prices were not set so a guess there is hope that they may make this feature free from money or coins,like it should be.

Also I hope the devs find a chance to actually play some online ranked games because it's hard to fix something when you havent even seen what's broken.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
WTF? LOL!

2013 can't get here fast enough for me!Leave it to EA to take a perfectly good NFL sim idea like the VIP system and splice it up and make you do ish to use it.This is really unbelievable to me.Then some of you guys on here are actually excited about it.With all due respect,with faithful consumers like this,Im really lucky Madden even has a no strings attached offline franchise.

If they annouced a weekly recap show with video being added to the presentation and said you had to unlock it by shutting out all 32 teams on All Madden,some of you think that would be great too huh?

This does not address the true problem with playing cheeser/glitchers inonline ranked games.Knowing what people do is just the beginning.You know that much 5 minutes into the game.The real issue is making basic NFL football aspects work correctly in Madden so the cheese and glitch plays are not effective.If you get any kind of infestation in your home,ants,rats roaches etc,the first thing to do is cut off the food supply.If the devs would simply make playing unrealistically,like throwing one screen pass the whole game,ineffective,nore people would play online ranked games.

I keep saying I dont believe these devs have ever played a ranked game online.They just keep looking at numbers and stats,while playing each other.He said it again in this article,how him and Ian were using the feature against each other.I havent seen yet were any of these guys has ever been online and played some ranked games.I just dont get it.

He said the prices were not set so a guess there is hope that they may make this feature free from money or coins,like it should be.

Also I hope the devs find a chance to actually play some online ranked games because it's hard to fix something when you havent even seen what's broken.
I hate that screen pass. Also it never works for me whenever i decide to use it which makes it more frustrating.
The Madden Franchise just seems to be lost when it comes to what football plays like. You can hear it in their commentary and see it every year when the game ships. Its a fun game to play when you dont have any expectations.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #54
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
(Online) is a very small niche market of people that this will reach, yet it's obviously one of their new key selling points. ANd you know they are going to waste a whole blog on this as well, which takes away another week of something good we may get
Two words... Xbox Live.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 06-01-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 55

Maybe online was a small niche market in 2000. It's 2010.... I've been playing online since the mid 90's.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #56
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
WTF? LOL!

For all we know as long as people don't quit chances are you may not be able to have to "do ish" to use it. They give you coins already with the game. Depending on how much it is to view it, as long as you are completing your games, you may always have enough to view scouting reports. To me this kind of reminds me of the "unlock everything" packs in other EA games. The features are in the game but people are so lazy/stupid enough to actually pay for them. It's no need to jump the gun yet. Need more info about it.

Quote:
What?

Quote:
This does not address the true problem with playing cheeser/glitchers inonline ranked games.Knowing what people do is just the beginning.You know that much 5 minutes into the game.The real issue is making basic NFL football aspects work correctly in Madden so the cheese and glitch plays are not effective.If you get any kind of infestation in your home,ants,rats roaches etc,the first thing to do is cut off the food supply.

If the devs would simply make playing unrealistically,like throwing one screen pass the whole game,ineffective,nore people would play online ranked games.
Of course it doesn't fix "cheesing"... all this really is is a way to see how your opponent plays.

Quote:

...I hope the devs find a chance to actually play some online ranked games because it's hard to fix something when you havent even seen what's broken.
How do you know that they haven't played online ranked games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »