Home

Madden 11= Lack of features

This is a discussion on Madden 11= Lack of features within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 11= Lack of features

I feel this year Madden is possibly getting that extra polish it has lacked in years, because of the stress of new features. We are the same ones crying work on gameplay we don't need another feature, but now we are crying about the lack of features.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16

I should've choose another word instead of features...lol
Old 06-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #19
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Im still laughing at the fact that people are calling player models moving an actual feature

Seriously, thats the worst thing I've ever seen fed to customers.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 18

The online scouting is pretty big feature, could reduce the number of cheese players, or have those with actual football knowledge beat them with a good gameplan and execution.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im still laughing at the fact that people are calling player models moving an actual feature

Seriously, thats the worst thing I've ever seen fed to customers.
How about ridding the game of the moonwalking QB, the ability to throw 60 yard strikes across your body. How about having real blocking for both passing AND running? DBs that don't run receiver routes. LBs that can't jump 20 feet to pick off passes over the middle. A real pocket. Penalties that get called. How about the real penalties to begin with? Proper ball physics instead of the moon ball? A challenge system that actually is useful or works even remotely? Animations that fit the context, instead of over the shoulder catches in traffic? Sideline animations instead of band aid fixes? Contextual sounds (music to be played for specific plays). Real time injuries. An AI that actually doesn't punt on 3rd down? Route based passing?

As a developer, if I worked on this game, I would never admit it. How can you be adding stuff like gameflow or online scouting when your on field football is so broken? Have we heard anything about online franchise? What about the salary cap and trading issues?

It's the same crap different year. There will be a laundry list of excuses why they couldn't do this or couldn't do that.

GET THE FOOTBALL RIGHT FIRST.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 8

The lack of features, that have been revealed, actually give me a little bit of hope as far as Madden 11 is concerned. I'd rather them fix the features that are already in the game,that don't work properly, rather then adding new ones that don't function how they should.

Procuderal awareness, Pro-Tak, the stretched ratings that were designed to make the elite stand out from the average all need to be tuned/fixed so they can work properly.

Remodeling a house with a shakey foundation is just stupid.

Last edited by PocketRocket; 06-02-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #23
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
How about ridding the game of the moonwalking QB, the ability to throw 60 yard strikes across your body. How about having real blocking for both passing AND running? DBs that don't run receiver routes. LBs that can't jump 20 feet to pick off passes over the middle. A real pocket. Penalties that get called. How about the real penalties to begin with? Proper ball physics instead of the moon ball? A challenge system that actually is useful or works even remotely? Animations that fit the context, instead of over the shoulder catches in traffic? Sideline animations instead of band aid fixes? Contextual sounds (music to be played for specific plays). Real time injuries. An AI that actually doesn't punt on 3rd down? Route based passing?

As a developer, if I worked on this game, I would never admit it. How can you be adding stuff like gameflow or online scouting when your on field football is so broken? Have we heard anything about online franchise? What about the salary cap and trading issues?

It's the same crap different year. There will be a laundry list of excuses why they couldn't do this or couldn't do that.

GET THE FOOTBALL RIGHT FIRST.
How do you know they haven't done those things yet?

Some of you guys seem to think that what gets annouced first is what they work on first and/or put the most emphasis on when that isn't always the case.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 27

What I wanted most feature-wise for Madden 11 were for the run animations to be more fundamentally sound and for their to be better locomotion (though I have a hard time even calling those features), and the presentation mistakes to be rectified from Madden 10. So far, the first two look to have been done, but according to the videos the third is still a complete mess. When I was down there to playtest Madden 11, the only new cut scenes I saw were the locker room one and the team getting off the bus. It just wasn't enough to judge anything so I was really looking forward to seeing some new video.

After seeing the new videos, I'm very disappointed with post-play. The movements look the same and the camera's are still the same. It's really infuriating to see upstart games getting this right and Madden still isn't.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »